19 December 2010

i love my LOVE reusable bags.... and you will too!

**CLOSED**

Congratulations to winning comment #72 - Jennifer!


after caleb and i got married, we started a "go green" movement in our house.... it has since turned into a "go cheap" movement, but we are still green-ing nonetheless.  one of the first products we invested in was reusable shopping bags.  i bought ten canvas bags from amazon and really enjoyed using them.... until i washed them, that is.  the canvas bags i had purchased became so soft and "soggy," if you will, after washing and wouldn't stand up on their own!! what a total bummer, especially when you are trying to bag up groceries!  little by little, i've been replacing these bags {they are now my back-up set} and i now have a wide array of reusable grocery bags in the back of the car on the ready.

i recently had a fantastic opportunity to review a new line of reusables, the LOVE chill set {courtesy of ecomom!}.  each set comes with three bags that stand up by themselves and a fourth bag that is an insulated cooler.  the cooler doubles as a carrying sack for the other bags, which is totally nifty! i was able to stash a total of ten bags in the cooler to take into the commissary last week and i got oh so many comments about my awesome organization skills with grocery bags!  the baggers kept admiring my totes and i was wondering if they would ever bag up my groceries! *wink*  the only thing i dislike about the cooler is that it's not quite big enough for a gallon of milk {unless you lay it sideways....}.  but it's great for bags of cheese, a bottle of coffee creamer, butter, or biscuit dough!

the LOVE reusable bags can hold an astonishing 60 pounds each - they pack alot of punch!  ecomom sells these fabulous sets in six different patterns.  i received the NY walls grafitti pattern, which is a little out there for our style, but still totally fun and funky - not to mention functional.  the LOVE line extends to other bag styles as well.... such as the stash-it bag {great for quick trips for bread and milk!} and the love sack {an awesome natural cotton canvas bag that would be perfect for cruising the mall or target!}.

{as if i don't have enough bags already - i'd love to add the love sack to my collection!}


as i said in my post last night, ecomom is a fabulous place to buy all your family's green needs!  i'm thrilled to offer one Marine Parents reader their very own set of the LOVE reusable bags chill set, courtesy of ecomom!  these sets retail for $39.99 each - what a great way to start going "green" in 2011!  you can also score a deep 15% discount on orders from now through december 31st using code SBBL557!!

{win it!}
to enter…. comment on this giveaway telling me one new year's resolution you plan on implementing for 2011!
extra entries….
o    follow me on GFC, twitter, and facebook {+1 entry each}
o    follow ecomom on twitter and facebook {+1 entry each}
o    tweet up to twice a day about this giveaway (2 hrs. between tweets, please!) – be sure to include @taprilcrosier and @ecomom in your tweet, along with the link to this giveaway! leave me the permalink to your tweet (learn how to do that here). {+1 entry each}
o    make a purchase from ecomom {using discount code SBBL557} and send me a copy of the invoice {+5 entries for every $10 spent!}
giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only.  the winner will be chosen on 12/31/10 by a random number generator.  winner must not have won from ecomom in the last 45 days, and prize will be selected at random by the ecomom team.  while i was sent these reusable bags for free to review, i was not paid to give a glowing review. my opinions are based on my experience and are 100% honest. to view my full disclosure policy, please click here.

86 comments:

  1. Woops! Forgot! LOL My new years resolution is to recycle more than I do now! even when I am away from home!
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you via GFC!
    blynnobrien
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow ecomom on twitter!
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Ecomom on fb!
    Rebecca O'
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/16567059047522304
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My resolution is to attend chuch weekly & start recycling.


    lilbigmonkeysmama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Follow you on twitter
    lilbigmonkeysmama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Follow you on Facebook
    M Forrest
    lilbigmonkeysmama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow ecomom on twitter
    lilbigmonkeysmama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. One resolution of mine, is to GET organized. My life is a bit chaotic at times and with little space I need a way to organize :)
    brookeannaroberts(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow GFC:) No FB or Twitter :(
    brookeannaroberts(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/16596874332999680
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. New years resolution would be to study more and try not to get caught up in the blogger world!

    ashleysbookshelf at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Follow on Twitter - @ashleybookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. Follow on facebook - Ashley's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  16. Follow ecomom on twitter - @ashleybookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  17. Follow ecomom on facebook - Ashley's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tweet - http://twitter.com/ashleybookshelf/status/16682177995481088

    ashleysbookshelf at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/16830424902795264
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. my resolution is to make better use of my time!
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. follow GFC
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. follow you on FB (tara e)
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. follow ecomom on twitter @curious_kitty
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. follow ecomom on FB (tara e)
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/16892621431508992
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. New year's resolution... hmmm, hopefully exercise more, or simply actually exercise some!
    tannis_z at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. follow your blog via gfc
    tannis_z at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. follow ecomom on fb
    tannis_z at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I plan to stick hard-core to the budget (even if I have "cravings") and pay off the credit card before Baby #2 arrives in June!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow on GFC
    benandrea102607 @ gmail dot com (forgot that in the last comment)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like your facebook page
    benandrea102607 @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I follow on Twitter
    (@DoableDiapers)
    benandrea102607 @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow with GFC.
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow on twitter
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like you on FB
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow ecomom on twitter
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like ecomom on FB
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  38. New year's resolution for implementing - good question. I would like to be more present - more aware and more intentional in my life, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Is that too much?
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/17182829129506818
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like you on FB (Marcella Cook)

    emmerswee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I follow you on twitter (@TheMarciFactor)

    emmerswee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I follow you via GFC (Marcella Cook)

    emmerswee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. My New Years Resolution is to lose 50 pounds by eating healthier and exercising more...cliche ain't it??? LOL

    emmerswee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I follow ecomom on twitter (@TheMarciFactor)

    emmerswee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like ecomom on FB (Marcella Cook)

    emmerswee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. In the new year I want to be more committed to teaching my child God's word.

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow you on GFC

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I follow you on Twitter

    ID: @szogediek

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I follow EcoMom on Twitter

    ID:@szogediek

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/17256962739671040
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/17557794290925568
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/17646080246153216
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/17952214391721984
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/18308157130407936
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/18343798543228928
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/18763213260726272
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/18802168299528192
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/19101134727680001
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/19134459743834112
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/status/19384493953523713
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/status/19488840955727873
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/19759713231048707
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I resolve to stop being a couch potato so I can lose weight.
    sewingmema1720@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Follow u on FB
    sewingmema1720@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/19797946279137280
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. My new year's resolution is to only use re-usable bags ALL YEAR! To buy more organic fruits & veggies too! :) & I follow you on FB!

    Hope you're doing well April!

    ReplyDelete
  67. My New Years resolution is to remember to use the re-usable bags I carry in my car! I would love to win these!

    dougandjaqs@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  68. I follow you on GFC

    dougandjaqs@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  69. I follow you on twitter

    dougandjaqs@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  70. I like you on FB

    dougandjaqs@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  71. I follow ecomom on twitter

    dougandjaqs@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  72. I like ecomom on FB

    dougandjaqs@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  73. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/20091747698741248
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/20154215301120000
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/20489317654724608
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/20526005596725248
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Daily tweet #1
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/20876019065946112
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  78. One of my New Year's resolutions is to lose weight!

    leilani at soleilselene dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I follow via GFC

    leilani at soleilselene dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I follow on twitter @soleilselene

    leilani at soleilselene dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I like you on FB!

    leilani at soleilselene dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. i follow ecomom on Twitter @soleilselene

    leilani at soleilselene dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I like ecomom on FB!

    leilani at soleilselene dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. Daily tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/mrsob1/statuses/20941480256339968
    blynnobrien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete