{credit due}
blogging has become a major part of my life in the past year.... not only do i blog for family, i blog for you. i love meeting you {in a very non-creepy online way!} and connecting with new friends, making really fun business connections that turn into friendships, and making plans to meet some of you outside of the blogging world in the coming months.
i often times have to step back and look at where i am in my blogging life. i am amazed every day.... i seriously do not take you {my readers}, my designers, my connections, my support system for granted. i can't tell you how important it is to have a support system for every major aspect of your life, even if it's something like blogging.
since my blog started growing seven short months ago, i have made so many good friends that have inspired me to go above and beyond my typical posts, to create, to initiate, to instill a better feeling of community here at Marine Parents. i carry a notebook with me everyday just to keep up with all of the thoughts running through my mind that need to make their way to the blog someday.
above all, my husband has been the biggest supporter for me in my blogging endeavor. while he definitely doesn't understand my passion for it, and will often times grumble about how expensive my previously "free" hobby has become, he has really been by my side when i needed him and offers lots of ideas {although i don't always take them.... sorry, boo}.
these past few weeks i feel like i've had the "blogging hiccups" -- i exceeded capacity on Blogger, my computer has been hanging on by a thread to keep up with me, and i've been stressed about this awesome Birthday Bash {which started today!!!} because my trip to Oregon and our move land right splat in the middle {yes.... splat.}. but, you know what? caleb has been supporting me so well behind-the-scenes. he may not follow my blog by GFC or leave lots of comments on each post, but he lets me rant and rave and spin ideas at 10 o'clock after he is half asleep in bed. he listens to me when i talk about aperture and ISO and shutter speeds even though we don't own our fancy camera yet because he knows i want to take the best pictures for the blog as soon as i get my hands on that little contraption! he understands that i need a more powerful machine to blog off of, so he's agreed to purchase my dream computer to make this blog even more of a reality.
i am so blessed by my husband. i am so blessed by each of my readers. i am so blessed by the community of friends i have found here, and i hope you find a fun and inviting place to be when you visit my blog.









Thanks for following! Isn't it funny how much we can depend on our readers to support us! ((AND wonderful husbands!))
ReplyDeletehttp://drinkinfrommysaucer.blogspot.com/
I love blogging, too. Am a bit addicted to it if I'm honest. I've met a few people in the real world who I've known from the blogging world, but I'm going to a blogging conference in June and will meet a whole lot more!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog, great to be following you.
CJ xx
I feel the same way! I love blogging. Just the other day my husband...after 3 years of me blogging...said he thought blogging was a huge blessing to me and that he was happy I got to do it. I really felt validated.
ReplyDeleteFollowing you back! Sounds like you've got a keeper in your hubby! Mine is still a bit skeptical that blogging is a "good" thing. :) Love your blog & thanks for coming over & "visiting" me.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet... I know he must get tired about hearing about cloth diapers though :) Mine does!
ReplyDeleteisn't it surprising how important those blog connections become? to read about and connect with other people is a lot of fun, and it becomes a great support structure!
ReplyDeleteHow on earth do you exceed your limit on blogger?? LOL I didn't even know you could do that!!
ReplyDeleteand... I'm looking around for a new blog designer... any suggestions as to who I should go with?
@dixie mom -- i love it! wow what a huge compliment from a non-blogging man LOL ;)
ReplyDelete@bonnie - my design is from courtney at http://www.notsohomemade.blogspot.com and she is FAB -- she just started working as a nurse in the NICU so she may not get right back with you, but she is totally worth the wait :)
i'm currently switching over to wordpress and have a host site working on some design elements for me there, too!
I love my fellow bloggers! I definitely understand what you mean by the friend thing that comes along with it.
ReplyDeleteso incredibly sweet. hubby doesn't understand mine either. In fact on Sunday, while we were out eating lunch with Courtney & Skyler we joked about the guys not reading our blogs even when we tell them we post about them! boys.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. I do know I need to work on time management and blog-time management, but I get captivated by so many of my "friends" out there! Even if I can't jump into blogger I like to e-mail my handful of supporters (yes, I consider you a supporter; in a whole non stalker-ish/lurker kinda way.)
ReplyDeleteB doesn't check my blog out, but he knows it's my escape. Blasted college courses keeps me from networking as much as I'd like but I'm sure glad I found you. I love the Ergo baby giveaway pictures!
And there are probably grammatical errors throughout this post. It's 12:30 am here and I just turned in a Psychology Report I'm loathing and have spent the last week writing and researching. Boo! for it, but YAY! for you :D