07 February 2011



i feel like such a "big girl blogger" today!!! i have been playing around all weekend with some new blogging tools and i am excited about what i can bring to you now!

take a look at this adorable picture of amelia!  this was taken saturday with my new dSLR camera, the canon T2i -- i am in loooooove with it!! since deciding to upgrade from my point and shoot, i have researched and memorized and learned as much as i could get my hands on so i would know how to use my camera when i finally got it.  

when i got home from work on friday, caleb had picked up my new toy and i was ready to go!!! i think i took about five or six shots on fully automatic and then moved the dial to M -- manual!  it was so much fun, and not as scary or hard as i thought it would be.  i had memorized pages upon pages about the "exposure triangle" that involves aperture, shutter speed and ISO.  while i am definitely not a professional, i am extremely happy with the outcome of my pictures from my first weekend!

i have a prime lens coming to me in the mail {today?!}, and i am really pumped to see what all i can do with that bad boy!!  caleb even has fun with the camera, and totally solicited me for a photo shoot this weekend {more on that later *wink*}.

now, i definitely need some work on a fancier watermark -- i just got photoshop elements 9 and i am just completely overwhelmed and have near abused my youtube privileges with researching tutorials!! would anyone care to help?  i'd love to give you a big shoutout on my blog for taking care of us over here at Marine Parents!! *wink*

8 comments:

  1. I am a new follower! I would love it if you stopped by at http://thirtyonetrendytotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo of a lovely little girl! Came across your blog through a mutual blog friend in "Preparing to Surface".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great picture! I want to get a DSLR at some point, but I'm guessing it's way off in the future. If I had been thinking I wouldn't have purchased a cheap point and shoot this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations with the DSLR, lens, and photo editing program! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Follower here! And new to the bloghop! Feel free to stop by my little space! Nice to meet ya.

    http://mrsheather-lynn.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the dlsr. we just got ours. we were slr pros from college but finally made the switch over to the dlsr. we miss our film though. congrats on the research. Its hard stuff but look at you over at M already! whoohooo!!!

    I use photoshop pro but I have a friend that uses elements and I also look at the a lot of the tutorials for elements because they can help. check out texaschicblogsandpics.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. have fun with it! i have the xti and a couple prime lenses and looove them! adobe lightroom is an awesome addition to photoshop elements. it's less than $100 with a student discount (you're welcome to email me for details on that). enjoy!!

    beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!!! You're doing way better than me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete