05 February 2011

*CLOSED* 28 Days to Celebrate.... Rockin Green Funk Rock Review!

this giveaway is now closed.
the winner will be announced soon! *wink*
{Congrats to JENNA Z.!!!}

Before having Amelia, I was never a fan of laundry days…. Not that I am giddy with excitement when I am dragging baskets full of clothes to the laundry room now, but I must say there is something exciting about cloth diaper laundry.  It’s weird, I know.  I’m one of those cloth diapering mamas that stuffs diapers straight out of the dryer, too.  I can’t just let them sit or shove inserts/covers/wipes all in a big messy pile into the diaper bin.  I feel like rows and rows of folded diapers are…. Artsy.  You know you feel the same, so don’t judge *wink*
By now, I’m sure you’ve all heard great things about the Rockin Green Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer.  It was released several months ago, and we have already plowed through our first bag.  This stuff is good – it’s better than good.  I followed the recommendations on the package {which is small by the way…. But packs a lot of punch and will last you for awhile} and washed my diapers as usual before doing a Funk Rock soak.   That soak took care of some of the built up ammonia smell that even a good stripping can’t always squelch.  {Time out… did I just say squelch??}



After the initial soaking with the Funk Rock, all you have to do is add a tiny bit {as in teaspoon tiny bit} to your pre-wash and your diapers stay stink-free for up to a month before you should probably hit them again with the bouncer.  It’s so easy, especially if you have the super nifty magnetic scoop from Rockin Green… it has a teaspoon side already built in!  And seriously, for only $3.50, you should have this scoop.   Put your tablespoon back in the kitchen where it belongs!!
I definitely love having this cloth diaper laundry additive.  You can snag your own bag from Rockin Green for only $12.95 along with so many other fab accessories and detergents.
{win it!}
One lucky Marine Parents Winner will win their own bag of Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer!
to enter…. comment on this giveaway telling me your best cloth diaper laundry tip….
extra entries….
o    follow me on GFC, twitter, and facebook {+1 entry each}
o    follow Rockin Green on facebook and twitter!{+1 entry each}
  • tweet this up to twice a day (2 hrs. between tweets, please!) –  
Win @RockinGreenSoap Funk Rock for #clothdiapers from @taprilcrosier during #28daystocelebrate! http://tinyurl.com/6bfxj2j {ends 2/8} 

leave me the permalink to your tweet (learn how to do that here). {+1 entry each}
  • make a purchase from the Rockin Green website during this giveaway promotion and send me a copy of the invoice! {+5 entries for every $10 spent}
giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only.  the winner will be chosen on 2/8/11 by a random number generator.  while i was sent this laundry additive for free to review, i was not paid to give a glowing review. my opinions are based on my experience and are 100% honest. to view my full disclosure policy, please click here.

133 comments:

  1. OK how did you know I used my Tablespoon from the kitchen for my Rockin Green soap? That was too funny when I read that, glad I'm probably not the only one who does that. Actually I had to buy a new set for the kitchen.
    My best cloth diaper laundry tip is to have a laundry basket dedicated to cloth diapers only, so when you get them out of the dryer, if you don't get the chance to fold and put away for awhile, they are all there is one place when you are ready.
    nicolebang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you on GFC.
    nicolebang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you on Twitter @skipbang
    nicolebang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following Rockin Green on Twitter @skipbang
    nicolebang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following Rocking Green on Facebook
    Nicole Bangerter
    nicolebang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://twitter.com/#!/skipbang/status/34071540471435264

    Tweeted!
    nicolebang@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any tips yet cause I'm new to CDing and the baby hasn't arrived yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. following you on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. following RNG on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/walkwithme/status/34081504686514176

    ReplyDelete
  11. best tip is to sun your diapers
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. follow you on fb
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. follow you on twitter
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. follow gfc
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://twitter.com/curious_kitty/status/34249539208609792
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. following RNG on FB
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. following RNG on twitter
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. we are in the process of getting our stash prepared for baby so no washing tips yet.. but can't wait to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. follow you on twitter (lulubunny1)

    ReplyDelete
  20. like rockin green on FB (lulu a-f)

    ReplyDelete
  21. follow rockin green on twitter (lulubunny1)

    ReplyDelete
  22. daily tweet #1 http://twitter.com/#!/lulubunny1/status/34283285093818370

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too, don't have any tips. I have just recently got 6 cloth diapers, and can't wait to wash them up, and begin cloth diapering, but I have heard that sun drying your diapers will get all the stains out!

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i follow you via GFC!

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. i like u on FB (elizabeth mccarthy)

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. i like rockin green on FB (elizabeth mccarthy)

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i follow rockin green on twitter (lizlovesvan)

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. tweet

    http://twitter.com/LizLovesVan/status/34303340514902016

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Favorite cloth diaper laundry tip, sun your diapers at every chance you get!
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Of course I follow you via gfc.
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Following you on twitter!
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fan on fb angela ross heffner
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow rockin green on fb angela ross heffner
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Follow rockin green on twitter
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. tweet:
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/34330951655886848
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow you on fb
    Anne E. Perry

    missanneperry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. follow you on GFC, Anne Perry
    missanneperry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow you on twitter @aeperry

    missanneperry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I follow Rockin Green on facebook Anne E. Perry

    missanneperry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. follow Rockin Green on twitter @aeperry

    missanneperry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. tweet
    1
    http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/34359837747843072

    missanneperry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. best laundry tip is to use lots of water!!

    missanneperry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/34380926498639873
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. best laundry tip: rinse rinse rinse! And use a softener if you have hard water

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. following you via gfc

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. following you on twitter @caedmen

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow rockin green on twitter @caedmen

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. tweet
    http://twitter.com/Caedmen/status/34403003486179329

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. My best tip is to use Rockin' Green detergent on your diapers. It has worked wonderfully for us!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I follow via GFC with user name cgarrett15738500.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I follow you on Twitter.
    @chany10

    ReplyDelete
  52. I like you on FB.
    Chantelle Garrett Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  53. I follow Rockin' Green on FB.
    Chantelle Garrett Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  54. I follow Rockin' Green on Twitter.
    @chany10

    ReplyDelete
  55. http://twitter.com/#!/chany10/status/34404830545969153

    ReplyDelete
  56. tweet2
    http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/34410200991539200

    missanneperry at gmaidot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. My best tip... use a diaper sprayer! It has helped me to keep stain-free!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I follow via GFC.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I follow via FB.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I follow via Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I follow RnG on FB.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I follow RnG on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/34443723081252864
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. http://twitter.com/#!/chany10/status/34446302544658432

    ReplyDelete
  65. My best tip is to not let your diapers sit to long. Even though I could go 3-4 days between washing I wash every other day. etwilkins at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I like you on FB. ID-etwilkins

    ReplyDelete
  67. I follow you on twitter. ID- IamMrsWilkins

    ReplyDelete
  68. I like Rockin Green on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I follow Rockin Green on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/#!/IamMrsWilkins/status/34467085836877824

    ReplyDelete
  71. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/statuses/34582569978699776
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. My best tip is to let dad be (very) involved in picking out diapers, because it's not easy to cloth diaper without everyone on board!
    cbeargie at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Following you on twitter as sunnymum.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Following you on GFC as sunnymum.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Following Rockin Green on twitter as sunnymum!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Following Rockin Green on facebook (Colleen B P).

    ReplyDelete
  77. Tweeted! http://twitter.com/sunnymum/status/34597189900570624
    cbeargie at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Daily tweet 1
    http://twitter.com/#!/IamMrsWilkins/status/34614267324014592

    ReplyDelete
  79. http://twitter.com/#!/chany10/status/34629034843308032

    ReplyDelete
  80. Best tip?! I'm still trying to pick up everything I can from everybody else :) But I did make and started using wool dryer balls -- it helps keeps the inserts (clothes) moving in the dryer and not sticking together. ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I follow you through GFC ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I follow you on twitter ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I follow you on FB ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I like Rockin Green on FB ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  85. I follow rockin green on twitter ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I tweeted http://twitter.com/#!/MissOsMom/status/34662414410579968
    ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  87. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/34668761839570944
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Best tip is to line dry whenever possible!

    ashley at freckleberryfinds dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I follow RnG on Facebook!

    Ashley Capps
    ashley at freckleberryfinds dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. I follow RnG on twitter!

    @freckleberrymom

    ashley at freckleberryfinds dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. tweet!
    http://twitter.com/#!/freckleberrymom/status/34670591818604544

    ashley at freckleberryfinds dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. I follow you on GFC!

    ashley at freckleberryfinds dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I follow you on twitter!

    ashley at freckleberryfinds dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. tweet
    http://twitter.com/Caedmen/status/34685100067131392

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/34689044533215232
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  96. TWEET 2/7

    http://twitter.com/LizLovesVan/status/34701108047777792

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  97. http://twitter.com/#!/chany10/status/34712024369864704

    ReplyDelete
  98. My best tip is to try everything from prefolds, to pockets, hybrids to aios. I have found that I like different styles for different occasions. Example: prefolds and fitteds for nighttime and naps with fleece or wool covers and aios and ai2s for outings.
    saywah_j at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  99. follow your blog via gfc
    saywah_j at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  100. follow you on twitter- @saywah
    saywah_j at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  101. like RNG on facebook
    saywah_j at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  102. follow RNG on twitter- @saywah
    saywah_j at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  103. No baby=no tips! But I do have one tip for general laundry: Vinegar is great for getting clothes cleaner and for removing musty oders. Add a few cups of white distilled vinegar in the machine and wash the clothes in hot water. Then run a normal cycle with detergent.

    ReplyDelete
  104. I follow rockin green on twitter (corgipants)

    ReplyDelete
  105. tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/#!/corgipants/status/34729531625586688

    ReplyDelete
  106. tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/Caedmen/status/34747456923107328

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/walkwithme/status/34753233490542592

    ReplyDelete
  108. my best cloth diaper laundry tip is to toss the used diapers in the tub. i run cold water on whatever it is and let it soak for an hour or so. then i squeeze it out and toss it in the diaper laundry. i dont have to do an extra wash in the machine. just one wash with detergent and my diapers come out smelling fresh.

    muloove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  109. GFC follower.
    SondraMama

    muloove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  110. i follow @taprilcrosier.
    @sondramama

    muloove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  111. i like Marine Parents on FB.
    Cassondra Law

    muloove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  112. i like Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper Detergent on FB.
    Cassondra Law

    muloove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  113. i follow @RockinGreenSoap.
    @sondramama

    muloove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  114. tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/#!/sondramama/status/34817936107651072

    muloove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  115. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/statuses/34957274069868544
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  116. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/34970895575420929
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. Tweet! http://twitter.com/sunnymum/status/34995174987792385
    cbeargie at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  118. http://twitter.com/#!/chany10/status/35001993575538688

    ReplyDelete
  119. tweet
    http://twitter.com/Caedmen/status/35021481494712320

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  120. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/35035200157122560
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. http://twitter.com/#!/chany10/status/35055072861757441

    ReplyDelete
  122. tweet 2/8

    http://twitter.com/LizLovesVan/status/35080162039046144

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  123. tweet #2
    http://twitter.com/Caedmen/status/35089745096740864

    richardrachel at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  124. tweet 2/8 #2

    http://twitter.com/LizLovesVan/status/35172264244682752

    lizsamples@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  125. I follow you via GFC!

    britbakow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I follow you on twitter @brithiggs

    britbakow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  127. I follow Rockin Green on twitter @brithiggs

    britbakow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  128. I don't have a best cloth laundry tip. I've never tried it. I'm on my first pregnancy and really wanting to get into this cloth diaper thing. The more I can try out the better off I'll be! Logically I'd think to wash often haha.

    ReplyDelete
  129. I liked Rockin' Green on Facebook.

    britbakow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  130. Permalink to my tweet. http://twitter.com/brithiggs/status/35212001084973056

    britbakow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete