13 January 2011

an etsy success!

lately, the shoppe has been doing really good.... really good in my book, that is.  i've had two sales this week - don't scoff, you big-time sellers! *wink*  recently, i've had two sales for sophie leashes.  we only keep one made at a time, and i wanted to get both in the mail today but caleb was still at work.... {if you know anything about our family and our etsy shoppe, you know that caleb has made every stitched item in there, while i'm a pro at manning the hot glue gun.}  so today, i buckled down and decided that i was making that sophie leash!  amelia was napping, so i opened up our trusty craft cabinet and got busy.



the sewing machine leered at me.... i can beat you, i am your superior it quietly whispered.  i brushed my apprehension aside and threaded the bobbin.  after sewing and pearl snap plier-ing {plier-ing?}, i stepped back and admired my handy work.... what was once one is now two!

{caleb's sophie leash -- my leash is on the left and his is on the right}

boy, am i ever proud of myself.... not only can i sew 7/8ths of an inch in a straight line, but i can also work a pair of snap pliers like a champ.  *snort*  in all seriousness, though.... this was a big deal for me, since caleb wasn't even here to direct me.  so here i am, having a self-imposed photo shoot with a sophie leash....


want your own sophie leash to take cute pictures with give to your adorable kid?  check out our etsy shoppe!

14 comments:

  1. I love it! Atta Girl! I love reading your posts *snorts* and all! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! & I will definitely be ordering once we find out if we're having a little boy or girl this time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive. If you can work a sewing maching you rock. I just stare menacingly at mine a lot and wish it would blow up. Everytime I get it out it just makes me mad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Just bought a pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Way to take the bull by the horns! Don't worry my sewing machine tries to get the better of me too and laugh's at me all the time lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool girl. PS: my dad was in the marines for 20 years. the few the proud is right! urrah!!;)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great... dare I say, better than his?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the love everyone! it was really invigorating to be able to accomplish this on my own <3

    and thanks for getting inspired to purchase, imthatmommy!!! mailed out today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG your store is super cute toooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. isn't it crazy how intimidating those little crafty projects can be? i always put off starting them b/c i'm sure i'll be interupted by my little guy. good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOh, I wonder if it was mine you were making? Can't wait to receive it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm following you back from Mom blog Monday! Thanks for the follow!

    I look forward to reading your blog!

    Ash from The Adventures of Ash and Rowe
    adventuresofashandrowe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you make my leash? That makes my giddy to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. kristina - this entire post was dedicated to the making of your sophie leash <3 it's famous!!!!

    ReplyDelete