13 January 2011

say a little prayer.... *updated*


these are my parents who mean the absolute world to me.... seriously, how could they not? they raised me!!  look how cute they are - totally crazy, too.  i definitely got their personality!

my mom called me this morning in tears.  she had just gotten off the phone with a strange man who called her from my dad's cell phone.  his car shut off on him this morning when he was driving his hour commute to work on the interstate.  when he got out of the car, he fell and cut open his head.  the man who called my mom had stopped to help him, but my dad wasn't able to respond to any of his questions.... he is currently in route to the hospital via ambulance.  My aunt and uncle are taking my mom up to meet with the doctors there.

please please please keep my family in your thoughts this morning.  if you are a believer, please send up a prayer for us.  pray for healing for my father, peace and understanding for my mother - the same for me.  living across the country hits me hard today.  i can't just call my boss and ask her if i can drive up to portland to be there as support for my mom and await the doctor's word on my dad....

i'll update as i find out more about his situation later today.

**update**
my mom made it to the ER and got back to see my dad.  his face was pretty beat up - a swollen eye, scratches, bruises and a deep cut above his eyebrow which was being stitched up.  after having a CT scan, they found he did not have a concussion {praise the Lord}.  but he doens't recall anything from the incident.  there were two witnesses who gave an account and one said that he was trying to cross canyon road {busy} in an attempt to find help for his vehicle issue.  they think he may have tripped on a curb and hit his face.  regardless, the story is not real clear, but my dad is going home today, albeit sore and beaten up.

please continue in your thoughts and prayers.  they are much appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. April, I'm sending prayers up right now. I know how hard it is to live so far away from your parents at times like this. You must be so scared. Please update when you get news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with all of you, doctors included! I agree our parents are such important people in our lives! Wish I could go to work for you so you could be with your Mom...

    Please keep us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful! I am so happy he's ok! Your parents are cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a scary phone call. I will definitely say a little prayer for his speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your dad is okay. Praise God! Thanks for the update April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, April. I'm so glad that's all that happened and that he's ok. This has been on my mind since this morning. I hope he feels better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I agree with Rebecca... your parents are super cute (and you resemble your dad!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers going to you and yours april! I was on pins and needles until I read through the entire update in my e-mail! I'm late getting here today...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poor Dad! I'm so glad he is basically OK. I pray for healing for him and peace for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.... he is healing at home now but has a long road to recovery.

    your comments mean the world to me and my parents alike.

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad to hear that he's okay! this reminds me of my sister's accident a couple yrs ago... she was out biking on the highway and found unconscious by the side of the road w/a concussion. she had a broken collarbone, and various other injuries... and in the hospital they found out she was pregnant! the drs said she'd probably lose the baby. PRAISE THE LORD... she recovered fully and my beautiful neice is a reminder of God's faithfulness and grace! :) He is a miracle-working God!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear he's okay! Prayers answered!

    ReplyDelete