27 January 2011

coffee addictions....


i'm addicted to the mocha frappe {no whipcream, extra chocolate drizzle}.... it's sad how much i think about it.  i've had one sometimes more each day this week.  don't judge me.  they are just.so.good.  before mcdonald's came out with their coffee line, i was a regular for the starbucks java chip frappuccino.  since trying the cheaper drink from mcdonald's, i'm hooked.  it's straight to the point - chocolate and caffeine.  {i love}.

how do you start/endure/end your day?  i'm pretty sure i could sip this puppy down three times a day.  and sometimes i do. *wink*

19 comments:

  1. Santa gave me a Keurig coffee pot for Christmas. Love it. The only bad thing about it is I now feel so guilty if I stop to purchase coffee at one of the MILLIONS of coffee stands here in the Pacific NW. Maybe thats why he got it? To save $5/day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i currently have my Dunkin' Donuts ice coffee addiction under some control. i use to not be able to leave the house without hitting the drive thru. i even had my Dunkin' Donuts card on automatic recharge if it went under $10. then i took a 3 month hiatus from coffee. something i don't recommend doing for it's cruel and usually punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a real coffee addict but nowadays only have one skinny latte a day, if that. I start and very often end my day by working out, so right after workout I rather have something else than coffee.

    I can go days without any coffee, which is kinda surprising after all the headaches that I used to have as a coffee addict when couldn't have my coffee 5 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally think Mickey D's should pay you for advertising. I wonder how many readers went out an bought a frap today just because of this post. Thanks, April!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, they are very tasty. Sadly, I had to cut them out with this pregnancy...I'm jittery enough as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stumbled onto your site somehow...I'm overseas, and that thing in your hand looks awfully tempting right now...just the right temperature...I don't think McDonalds International has discovered these yet! Seriously, enjoying your blog...I always love to see how we military wives are just all connected in one way or another!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I worked: in the summer I would get a Caramel Frappe and in the winter a hot Vanilla latte. EVERYDAY. Just once a day though before work! Now that I am a SAHM I will make some coffee at home in the AM sometimes and use flavored creamer! If I am running errands I might splurge to buy my latte!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a HUGE java chip fan for years and years...then I switched to an iced white mocha. So delicious! I do enjoy the McDonald's iced coffee sometimes, but I've really cut back on how much coffee I drink lately. It's been torture, but I feel a little bit better not being addicted to the caffeine anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! You made me LOL! I love that picture! I have not tried the McD's drinks, but I totally heart the Starbucks Mint Mocha Frapp. Venti all the way, baby! The good - and not so good - thing is that Starbucks is 50 minutes away, so I do not get one very often.

    In July, we always go to Nashville to attend a church-related lectureship/celebration at a church-affiliated college. They have SB on campus *sigh* so I get a Frapp every morning on the way to class. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl, me too! Love that it's not to frilly and more wallet-friendly.

    Found your blog by chance and am loving it! I'm an Army wife and I blog about it here www.brownspartyoffive.blogspot.com

    Looking forward to joining in on your Monday Military bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree they are totally addictive and it doesn't help that I live close to a McDonald's. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't worry about having more then one in a day...I can totally relate to that as I've had multiple English Toffee Cappuccinos today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the McDonald's "cafe" line! Yummo! I prefer the stuff with caramel though... hehe...and I too could drink multiple large frapaccinos a day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a coffee gal. I honestly can not stand the taste of it. So, I drink sweet tea like there's no tomorrow. And McD's does a pretty good (and cheap!) one too.

    Sweat tea is my coffee. And my addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, love the picture! I'm a Java Chip girl, too, but I have to admit I often stick to hot coffee, even in the summer! We have a local coffeeshop that I frequent that makes the most amazing peppermint mocha with whip and chocolate drizzle that I have ever had! I haven't tried McD's yet! Either way, this post is just more proof that coffee is vital to human existance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still love my Starbucks, even though it isn't wallet-friendly! My roommate also got a Keurig for Christmas which I love, I use it all of the time haha. I buy my own k-cups, though. My favorite is the Caribou original :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE my morning coffee! I rarely buy coffee out, I make it at home. I like the Folgers flavored coffee's with flavored creamer!
    I have had that McDonald coffee, it is good! So is Starbucks of course, but it's way too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is how I feel about their iced coffee. You can get a gallon of that stuff (maybe slightly less...) for like $3! I only go for it about twice/month, but I make my own version at home every single day.

    ReplyDelete