dear friends....
i apologize for the lack of posts lately, and this one today won't be much. apparently i have exceeded my capacity for pictures and documents with my google/blogger domain. how sad to have received that error message in the middle of another delicious recipe.
{insert delicious recipe picture here.... oh wait, i can't}
i've been toying with the idea of moving to a new host outside of what blogger can provide {ie - WordPress} and after talking with several other frustrated bloggers, i decided today was the day to make the jump!! i purchased a year of hosting with customized installation and i am hoping it will all go through this weekend.
don't worry -- you will be redirected. :]
with that said, i am extremely anxious for all of the transferring to be completed because tuesday the big #28daystocelebrate event starts!!! {yes, i just used a twitter hashtag in a blog post.... so sue me!} the birthday bash is going to be so!much!fun! as long as i can post pictures of my darling daughter with all of her fab new products that YOU can win, too!!
so until everything is up and running with a different host, please bear with me as far as non-picture blog posts, lack of posts/recipes/craft DIY posts.... i'm sorry that this snaffu has inconvenienced you! i have a lot of really great posts planned -- stay tuned *wink*








He he. I love how you can make a great post out of your frustration. Let me be the first to welcome you to club Wordpress. :)
ReplyDeletewow- I didn't know you could exceed capacity!! Makes me nervous now!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI actually have a .com but I also just got a message saying that I have reached my limit for pictures and now have to buy more space.
ReplyDeletePretty sucky I think.
I'm interested in doing something similar because I know I will eventually run out of space. Do you mind sharing who you used to do this for you? I don't even know where to start and I want my stuff to be transferred seamlessly when I actually have the nerve to do it.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about switching to wordpress too, but I don't want to lose my followers. A few other blogs I follow have recently switched and in order to get the new posts I had to remove them from the list inb the blogger dashboard and then "follow" them again, even tough the URL didn't change. Blogger must not automatically detect the new dns settings. I'm afraid people won't take the time to "re-follow."
ReplyDeleteApril,
ReplyDeleteYou will *love* WordPress! You will *not* regret it! If you have any issues with it, let me know and I will *try* to help. I've been using WP from the beginning so I have about 14 months of experience. Not an expert by any means, but I've learned a few things along the way. :)
Also, my blog designer (and new friend) has started a meme called Techie Tuesday. You will get some great tips from her, including some related to WP. You can follow her at http://www.the-blog-cafe.blogspot.com
Hugs,
Cara
I didn't even know blogger had a limit of what you could upload... Makes me wonder how much more room I have... Good luck with the switch!
ReplyDelete