21 December 2010

holiday inspiration....

i love home decor.  little by little, caleb is letting me redecorate our apartment with some fabulous repurposed and homemade items.  etsy gets alot of traffic just from my little IP address *wink*  in addition, there are so many beautiful projects and tutorials available in the blogging world that i have to be careful not to overload myself with projects all at once.... i have to remind myself that decorating is always a work in progress and won't happen overnight.

in the spirit of christmas, i want to share with you some beautiful holiday photos that totally inspire me today!




{photo credits one, two, three, four, five}

what inspires you to decorate? do you have a specific decor style for your home, or each room?  what is your favorite holiday decor piece? mine is our new wreath that i made!!

10 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what lovely pictures to inspire us all! Love, love , love them!
    I guess, my favorite thing/style for decorating would be lots of candles and yummy smells this time of year. I have greenery, fresh cut holly from my yard and loads of candles and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and relaxed...I love that about the holidays!!!

    melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Following you from To the Top Tuesday Blog Hop.
    Hope you will follow me back too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/2010/12/day-230-tuesday-blog-hop-to-top-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again! What lovely pictures you have there! I love your post! I am in the middle of remodeling my house! If you have any suggestions for tutorials or if you would like to share a before and after photo, I would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like you - I tend to overwhelm myself with ideas and projects and I want to decorate, but I want it to happen all in the same day. It just doesn't work like that!

    I'm kind of traditional in decoration, with a little personal touch here and there.

    I love the wreath you made! I just haven't found the time to start the project. Right now, I'm loving our tree. It's just so "us" and our family and it makes the dining room so cozy!

    If you have time, you should stop by and join my thankful tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all so pretty, I wish my house looked like that... someday right!

    New follower here from To the top tuesday! would love a follow back :)
    http://www.mommamaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! New follower here from the blog hop! Feel free to hop over to my blogs at http://wayneandjessi.blogspot.com and http://theperfectmombiz.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by following you back To the Top Tue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there,

    Thanks for stopping by me blog today. I am following back!

    Take care and Merry Christmas!

    Jen
    From:What's On My Mind
    http://canadianmom-whatsonmymind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the red wreaths pop! By golly it's so jolly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those pictures- definitely inspired! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following you back!

    ReplyDelete