28 December 2010

headed home....

where my parents live will always be "home" to me.  no matter the distance, you just always know that it's home - a warm place to be with those you love!  caleb called me today and said he is buying me a place ticket home to see my parents!  and guess who is tagging along for her first plane ride?? yep, amel is headed cross country.....



yep, we are headed back to her birth place.... she probably {ok, definitely} doesn't remember oregon since we left when she was but three days old {MEEP!}.  but we are headed back for a 10 day visit mid-february!  my husband rocks!

so..... any tried and true advice for flying, packing, and living out of a duffel bag with a cloth-diapered 11 1/2 month old?  i'd be eternally grateful..... my life practically depends on making it through a seven hour flight!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower from the monday hops -- just one day late.

    www.twokidsandacoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advice for ya....but enjoy Oregon! That's where I'm from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is that ?!!! Congrats :D
    How are you liking your new "home" at your domain ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! What a sweet hubby. I'm so glad you'll be able to see your family.

    I don't have a lot of tips. I've never flown with a baby. I have heard though when the plane takes off you should feed your baby, or give them a sippy cup. Something to suck on pretty much so their ears don't get all weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have air traveled with cloth three times and it is not bad. Next time I am going to do disposable inserts for my Flip covers, though. I just pack fewer diapers and wash more often on vacation. Make sure Amelia sucks on a paci or bottle or nurses during take off and landing to keep her ears okay.

    Though I usually prefer an isle seat for ease of getting up, a window is definitely the way to go - Amelia can stand and look out, you can nurse more privately, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring an ergo so you have your hands in the airport.

    ReplyDelete