31 December 2010

the dark side of blogging....

how many times have i expressed to you my adoration for blogging? several times in the past few months, to be sure.  i love the community, the uniqueness between blogs, the ability to unwind each day by typing out a few words to a growing audience of readers, the lessons i've learned.  but there's a side of blogging that can be so dark, so sinister - and it slithers like a serpent.

last night i lost a friendship that was dear to me - over a blog.  there are so many "important" factors when you are new in the blogging world.....

who will you be in the great kingdom of blogging? how many followers will you have? what events will you host and how will you secure sponsors? who can you share your blogging fears and tribulations with?

you push forward so fast with your newfound hobby, creating new alliances, connections, friends and you don't see where you are going until you are actually there.  for the past two months, i've tried my best to brush the dust of a troubled friendship under the rug and forget about it.  but every so often, i would tread over this proverbial rug and feel the spark of what was there, igniting feelings of anger, and yes, resentment.

last night, the life of a friendship came to a standstill and then quickly filtered out.  blogging wasn't the only issue brought to the table, but it by far was the instigator of the passing of our relationship.  how said is that?  how sad that i could not put a small avenue of of my life on hold to repair what had once been a stronghold for me.  i can't speak for the friend involved, i don't imagine her feelings over the evening conversation and what she woke up to this morning in her mind.  all i know is what's in my heart and what i feel.

i know that relationships with others come and go and friends drift apart as time wears on.  it's odd how different circumstances can break apart what was once a strong friendship.  while i mourned the loss of this friend last night, i'm prepared to move forward today and resolve not to dwell on the past.  what's said is said, what's done is done.

just be careful when you blog, because it's not all adorable pictures of children and cloth diaper giveaways.

2 comments:

  1. I sorry April about the loss of your friendship. Having a blog can be liberating but you have to be careful who knows about it too. I think I might never share my personl blog with most of my old friends because of that kind of issue.

    Apart from friendship there are some other relationships that too much blogging can ruin.

    To a better, healthy blogging 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I don't know the situation but... I'm sorry. I myself wouldn't let it bother me. I have family members who aren't fond of me but I treat them the same way, sending them Christmas cards and what not, for all I know they throw them away, but I still love them and show them. I hope it really isn't the end of your friendship.
    CJR @ The Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete