31 December 2010

good bye yarn wreath.... hello acorns!

so after much hard work, frustration and sweat - my acorn wreath is done!!! i'm not quite certain i will ever make anything of acorns again.... especially not with a straw covered wreath and hot glue gun combo.  the adhesive just didn't seem strong enough.... i was constantly picking up fallen acorns and reglue-ing.... and reloading my little dollar store glue gun.  my hands were in so much pain from pressing the glue gun "trigger" for each.little.acorn.   i seriously wanted to do a cool diagonally glued acorn wreath like the one here.... but alas, my patience wore thin and i just placed acorns wherever there i could to get the job done!



well? what do you think? i like it! caleb gave it three or four coats of white spray paint and i bought a roll of brown wedding tulle at michael's for a few dollars.  i have a ton of that left so i need to find another project..... oh i have so many projects.

anyway, you can find the tutorial here, but i first saw this idea on see kate sew.... i'm addicted to her blog!  she is beyond adorable and still wears maternity shirts post-pregnancy, that's my kind of lady.  don't you wear you maternity shirts 10 months post partum??

a major major major thank you to my acorn supplier Mommy Does.... she sent me a medium size flat rate box of those little glories since i couldn't find an acorn to save my life here in Marine-ville, USA.  be sure to jump over to her blog and take a look around! she's so crafty :)

what's your latest project??

3 comments:

  1. April,
    I a passing on this award to you babe!
    http://melody-mae.blogspot.com/2010/12/thank-you-donna.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, shucks, it wasn't nothin (in a goofy voice.)
    Look at them acerns! (in a louisianan/texan voice... think hillbilly)

    1 medium flat rate box of acorn to NC
    12 bucks

    1 friendship gained through blogger for life (hopefully)(in a total non-stalker kinda way)(Hey! I'm too lazy to stalk in NC, jk)
    PRICELESS

    Now, for real. April, its SO pretty. I feel your pain- that little acorn christmas tree I made was a killer on my patience, trigger finger, and skin (think hot glue burns.) if it was me i would have down sized to a mini wreath. Not much wow! factor but still. Sanity in tact.

    I wonder what someone will come up for for Easter using this wreath concept. (Who you lookin at?) NOT ME! I'm just curious :D

    I get happy stepping on acorns when I go to my moms now, I can't imagine the frustration you could take out on em. COMMENT LOVE!

    ReplyDelete