11 September 2010

wooden nursing/teething necklace review and giveaway....

recently i was sent two beautiful natural wood nursing/teething necklaces to review from TarynStuff over on etsy. she has beautiful, high quality products, and i was really excited to try out these necklaces. amelia is teething in a big way, and my poor little fingers have been her favorite thing to chew on as of late. when my package of teething necklaces arrived, i immediately donned one and it was as if amelia knew exactly what to do!





since i got these awesome wooden necklaces, i have not worn any of my other necklaces. before amelia was even born, i was not big on jewelry besides earrings, and even then, it was pretty much just pearls. but since she came into our lives, i have been addicted to wearing necklaces.... maybe she brought out the girly-girl in me. the great thing about these necklaces is that they are so pretty and artsy looking, people never know that they are for teething.... except that amelia always has one in her mouth!!!



not only do i love these necklaces, but i love how sweet and helpful Taryn is. she has great customer service and a heart for saving money.... in my book, that's BFF material!! she has a daughter right around amelia's age and i have loved chatting with her over the last couple of weeks about teething and how fast our babes are growing up! i asked her what motivated her to create all of her etsy lovelies and she told me she's inspired because she's "crafty and cheap"!!! i love that! she has cloth diapered her daughter in diapers that she made because she wasn't willing to pay the outrageous prices of wool covers, and i totally agree. the same thing happened when her little one was beginning to teeth.... she decided to make her own necklaces and ended up putting a few for sale on etsy. they sold like hotcakes, and i'm not surprised. she uses quality materials but sells at a fraction of the cost that other's sell..... talk about a win-win situation.

taryn has been extremely generous in sharing her necklaces with me, and now she wants to share with you!! one lucky Marine Parents reader will win a natural wooden nursing/teething necklace in their style choice of the two necklaces i received! i love this first one for it's beautiful designs, and i love the second one because it fits so perfectly in amelia's petite hands! if i were to ask amelia.... she probably wouldn't prefer one over the other, she loves to gnaw on them both equally!



ready to enter to win? let's go!!

mandatory entry: you must follow my blog publicly by Google Friend Connect (right sidebar) and visit TarynStuff on etsy and tell me what else you like in her shop! leave me your email address so i can contact you if you win!

extra entries: (leave a new comment for each entry!)
  • follow me on twitter +1 entry
  • tweet this once daily and leave me the permalink +1 entry
"Please RT enter to #win a free natural wooden teething necklace from
@taprilcrosier http://tiny.cc/4se0k {ends 10/11} #giveaways "

  • become a fan of Marine Parents on Facebook and leave me a note +1 entry
  • become a friend of Taryn on facebook +1 entry
  • vote for my blog on Picket Fence +1 entry (PER day)
  • blog about this giveaway including the link and my blog button and tell me where to find it +2 entries
  • sign up for swagbucks under my referral and start searching +3 entries
  • sign up for my emails and confirm (left sidebar) +5 entries
  • make a purchase from TarynStuff and send me a copy of the invoice +10 entries
  • enter any of my other current giveaways and tell me which one +1 entry

this giveaway will run until 10/11/10 at 12pm! you can come back and enter every day with a couple of the entries so be sure to return for more chances to win! winner will be chosen by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.

while i was sent these necklaces for free to review, i was not paid to give a glowing review. my opinions are based on my experience and are 100% honest. to view my full disclosure policy, please click here.

197 comments:

  1. I follow you! And I visted Tarynstuff on Etsy! Her leopard fleece soaker is to die for!
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of yours on FB and left a note :)
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a blog follower and I like her wool covers!
    questfortheperfectclothdiaper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was already your FB fan!
    Robyn Lucas
    questfortheperfectclothdiaper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Taryn's friend on FB!
    Robyn Lucas
    questfortheperfectclothdiaper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed up for emails and confirmed!
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I entered all your current giveaways :) Thank you for the great opportunity's to try all this awesomeness!
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the soaker with the whale on it is so cute!

    livingsimplyNM(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to look at her shop and probably will order some. They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow your blog and love Taryn's Blue and Peach Cashmere Wool Soaker (Diaper Cover) with Duck Applique and Ruffled Legs! jenkay1500@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a friend of Marin Parents on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a friend of Taryn on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I signed up for your emails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow your blog and I like this one:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/55583741/wooden-reversible-teething-or-nursing

    ashley-conner@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Voted on Picket Fence
    ashley-conner@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. entered the laundry makeover
    ashley-conner@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow your blog.
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com
    I like the reversible nursing teething necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow you on twitter.
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am your fan on FB
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on GFC -- I think the Strawberry and Flower diaper cover is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there! Just dropping by to say thanks for following me! I'm now following you, too!
    http://crazedmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow you on google friend connect. I love the wool diaper cover with the pumpkin applique on the butt! Too cute.

    jessica.makowiecki at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I follow you on twitter

    @jessmakowiecki

    jessica.makowiecki at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow via GFC and I love her wool soakers :)

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Follow on twitter @lifesemicrunchy

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. tweet http://twitter.com/lifesemicrunchy/status/24681661353

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a fan of yours on Facebook and left you some <3

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I subscribe via email

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. #2 I subscribe via email

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. #3 I subscribe via email

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. #4 I subscribe via email

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. #5 I subscribe via email

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow your blog via GFC.
    I also love her wool soakers!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow you on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/24855175668
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like you on FB.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I voted for you on WOTF.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I signed up for your emails. 1
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I signed up for your emails. 2
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I signed up for your emails. 3
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I signed up for your emails. 4
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I signed up for your emails. 5
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Entering the EcoMom giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25013931664
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I voted for you on Picket Fence Blogs.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm a blog follower through GFC, and I really like the gray wool soaker with the apple on the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow you on twitter as Chelyea.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25055728288

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I like you on facebook :)

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I requested Taryn as a friend on facebook.

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25119903908
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I voted for your blog on Picket Fence Blogs!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Tweeted
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25168595500

    ReplyDelete
  54. I voted for your blog on "We're on the Fence!"
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25200557272
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25252217382

    ReplyDelete
  57. I voted for you on Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25310386274
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I entered the Rattles CD giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I entered the Hylands giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25336399289

    ReplyDelete
  62. Voted for you on picketfenceblogs.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25402974126
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25428532721
    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Voted for you on Picket Fence.
    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Tweeted.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25531579874

    ReplyDelete
  68. Voted for you on Picket Fence blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Tweeted.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25586672218

    ReplyDelete
  70. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25592389953
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25681316955
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25730685017

    ReplyDelete
  75. Voted for you on picket fence blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I follow with GFC
    bonniesbabyboutique(at)ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I follow on GFC and I like the green and blue wool longies
    bonniesbabyboutique(at)ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Daily Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25783105633
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I voted for you on WotF!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25815375696

    ReplyDelete
  81. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25881358352
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/25914972301

    ReplyDelete
  83. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/25967935128
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs today!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  85. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26020850761

    ReplyDelete
  86. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs today.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  87. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26095190286
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26112344402

    ReplyDelete
  89. voted for you

    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  90. I subscribe by e-mail
    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  91. I subscribe by e-mail
    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  92. I subscribe by e-mail
    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  93. I subscribe by e-mail
    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  94. I subscribe by e-mail
    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  95. I subscribe by e-mail
    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  96. I follow you on Twitter
    @mama407
    ashley-conner(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  97. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26172676040
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  99. voted today 10/2
    ashley-conner@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  100. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26195894349

    ReplyDelete
  101. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26264985645
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  102. I voted for you on PF blogs today!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  103. Voted for you on Picket Fence :)

    ReplyDelete
  104. I follow your blog publicly and also like her Ladybug Ribbon Sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26351634088
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I voted for you on Picket Fence today!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. Entering the AppleCheeks Envelope Cover giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  108. Entering the AppleCheeks Little Bundle giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  109. Entering the Maxwell Designs wetbag giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  110. Entering the Cottonwood Baby Organic Wipes giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  111. voted
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  112. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26425668568

    ReplyDelete
  113. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26447418680
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  114. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  115. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26493685649

    ReplyDelete
  116. I entered your AppleCheeks Lil Bundle giveaway also.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26539464248
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  118. I voted for you today!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  119. Entering the Sprout Change diaper giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  120. Entering the GroVia giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. Entered the Sprout Change Diaper giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  122. Entered the GroVia giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  123. Entered the Mud Butt Diaper giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  124. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26587592853

    ReplyDelete
  125. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26683741711

    ReplyDelete
  126. I voted for you on Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  127. publicly following via GFC

    and OMGoodness! If it weren't a small, I SO would've ordered the Orange cable-knit wool shortie with the black merino trim and cat on the rump. SO CUTE!

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  128. voted for your blog on Picket Fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  129. signed up for your emails and confirmed (1)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  130. signed up for your emails and confirmed (2)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  131. signed up for your emails and confirmed (3)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  132. following you on twitter (@rachelhooey)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  133. also entered AppleCheeks Envelope Cover (size 1) Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  134. also entered Maxwell Designs Small Wetbag giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. also entered AppleCheeks Little Bundle (size 2) Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  136. also entered cottonwoods wipes Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  137. also entered EcoMom Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  138. also entered Willow store sprout change Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. also entered GroVia Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. also entered Mudbutt Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  141. also entered Urban Fluff iCandy Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  142. I am Taryn's friend on FB! (Rachel Pugh)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  143. signed up for your emails and confirmed (4)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  144. signed up for your emails and confirmed (5)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  145. also entered Hylands Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  146. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/26741154228
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  147. I voted for you today!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  148. I follow your blog publicly and I also like the Orange Wool Soaker (Diaper Cover) with Black Cat Applique
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  149. I am a fan on FB
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. I am friends with Taryn on FB
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  151. I signed up for emails
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com
    entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  152. I signed up for emails
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com
    entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  153. I signed up for emails
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com
    entry #3

    ReplyDelete
  154. I also entered your Grovia giveaway
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  155. I also entered your mud butt giveaway
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  156. I also entered your hylands giveaway
    rstrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  157. I also entered you NN giveaway
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  158. I also entered your urban fluff icandy giveaway
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  159. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26788633884

    ReplyDelete
  160. I entered your GroVia giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  161. I entered your Urban FLuff giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  162. daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/rachelhooey/status/26797305592

    dakotaring at yahoo dot

    ReplyDelete
  163. voted for your blog on Picket Fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  164. public GFC follower.

    I learned that their swim diapers have elastic in the legs AND the back to contain messes.

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  165. voted for your blog on Picket Fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  166. signed up for your emails and confirmed (1)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  167. signed up for your emails and confirmed (2)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  168. signed up for your emails and confirmed (3)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  169. following you on twitter (@rachelhooey)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  170. also entered Hylands Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  171. also entered nursing/teething necklace Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  172. following Nifty Nappy on twitter (@rachelhooey)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  173. I'm a friend of Nifty Nappy on Facebook (Rachel Pugh)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  174. also entered cottonwoods wipes Giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  175. also entered Maxwell Designs Small Wetbag giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  176. also entered Nifty Nappy giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  177. voted for you on Picket Fence Blog

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  178. daily vote on picket fence
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  179. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26874448787

    ReplyDelete
  180. I voted for you on Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  181. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/26966361164

    ReplyDelete
  182. I voted for you on Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  183. voted for your blog on Picket Fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  184. daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/rachelhooey/status/26987467461

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  185. daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/rachelhooey/status/27024552605

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  186. voted for you on picket fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  187. Last Daily Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/27024433453
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  188. I voted for you today!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  189. daily vote!
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  190. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/27088838492

    ReplyDelete
  191. I voted for you on Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete