03 September 2010

The Rattles {review and giveaway}....

**CLOSED**


“Friends that play together, stay together!”

i was recently contacted by the musebox (hello, maroon 5?!) to do a review of their newest project, The Rattles, an indie/classic rock group for kids. this album features four furry creatures who have their own story that you can read about here. as soon as i got this c.d. in the mail, i popped it in and kept a close eye on amelia's reaction. granted, she is a little young (but hey, she preferred jay-z in the womb....), she loved watching me dance around and sing along to the simple lyrics of Rattle On and the other tracks.

the sound The Rattles have was inspired by the beatles and we are giants. i definitely hear a ton of the beatles melodic sounds and lyrical genius in the album. i even played this c.d. for two of the girls that i nanny for and their little four and five-year-old heads were bopping along while they sucked their thumbs. so cute.

The Rattles even have their own furry music video! check it out here and let me know what you think!!

in addition to being able to review this c.d. before it dropped for sale, i was also sent an additional c.d. for a giveaway! one lucky Marine Parents winner will win this album just by entering below!

mandatory entry: publicly follow my blog by google friends connect and let me know which of the band members from The Rattles is your favorite! be sure to leave me your email address so i can contact you!!

extra entries:
1. follow me on twitter @taprilcrosier +1 entry
2. follow The Rattles on twitter @therattlesband +1 entry
3. tweet this once a day +1 entry per day
@taprilcrosier has a great #giveaway for The Rattles from @therattlesband
at http://tiny.cc/5vbw7 {ends 10/3} Please RT #win #giveaways
4. subscribe to my blog by feedburner and confirm (top left sidebar) +2 entries
5. grab my button and let me know where it is on your blog! +2 entries
6. follow my friend, Marah's blog +2 entries
7. sign up for swagbucks under my referral and start searching! +5 entries
8. enter any of my other giveaways and let me know which one +1 entry each


this giveaway will run until 10/3/10 at 12:00pm. a winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted by email. the winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. this giveaway is open to my readers worldwide!!!


while i received this c.d. for free to review, i was not compensated in any other way. my opinions could never be bought, and you can read more about my full disclosure policy here.

22 comments:

  1. Gus seems cool, haha he's a goat!

    I follow you.

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Marah (1)

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow Marah (2)

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you on Twitter

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your button is on my blog (lower right side) (1)

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your button is on my blog (lower right side) (2)

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower.

    Gus would be my favorite.

    smartmomj[@]gmail[.]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow you on twitter.

    smartmomj[@]gmail[.]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow the rattles on twitter.

    JRFrugalMom

    smartmomj[@]gmail[.]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following via Google Friend Connect. I like Hal the hippo!
    tirza57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following Marah's blog. #1
    tirza57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following Marah's blog. #2
    tirza57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Entered the laundry makeover giveaway.
    tirza57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow you!
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Opps I like Hal the Hippo! Forgot to mention that first :)
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I entered the laundry makeover giveaway!
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also entered the PlumTots organic food giveaway!
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a GFC follower (fallindoll)
    I think Sal is groovy.
    fallindoll (at) mac (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I follow you on twitter (fallinwoman)
    fallindoll (at) mac (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow the rattles on twitter (fallinwoman)
    fallindoll (at) mac (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow your blog via GFC!
    We like Kitty! :)
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow on GFC and I like the band member Kitty
    bonniesbabyboutique(at)ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete