21 August 2010

My Laundry Makeover....

**CLOSED**

I have recently made changes in my laundry routine to become more environmentally-friendly and cost-effective. Before my "makeover", I was using the standard store bought items.... Tide Powdered Detergent or Arm & Hammer Free and Clear (for diapers.... *cringe*), Downy Free fabric softener, OxiClean Brightener and Bounce Free dryer sheets. I kept wondering why Amelia's diapers weren't smelling clean wash after wash after dreaded wash. So I started asking around....




I concluded from my word-of-mouth poll that Rockin Green Soap is far and away the detergent of choice when it comes to cloth diapering. It is a clean rinsing detergent (no buildup!) and is free of enzymes, dyes, whiteners and brighteners. After "rockin a soak" with our dipes, (actually, several soaks) Amelia's diapers come out smelling fresh and looking better than ever. And, actually absorbing her tidal wave of pee! That's the real kicker for me. This girl produces alot of wetness and her diapers just weren't holding it in. I was literally changing her diaper every hour or hour and a half. I knew this was not how it was supposed to be. While we still can't go extended periods of time without a change, we can now go at least two or three hours, usually more, between changes. Rockin Green has been so generous to offer one lucky reader a 45/90 load bag of detergent in your choice of scent so you can try it yourself!!!







So, next on my list to replace was my OxiClean. I mean, seriously, you can't switch to an all-natural, clean rinsing detergent and still use shelf products, right? So I searched around on my own for this one. I came across EcoMom.com and found this glorious little product: Nellie's Oxygen Brightener. It is chlorine-free, hypoallergenic and biodegradable. I add about a tablespoon of this in each load to keep our clothes looking fresh and stain free. If Amelia has a huge little stain on her precious onesie or a blueberry poopy diaper, I can make Nellie's into a paste and let the item set for about 30 minutes to an hour prior to washing, and voila! Fresh again! EcoMom actually sent me a full size 2lb. metal canister (which is an awesome container, by the way) to review for this blog and has offered another canister to a lucky winner! In addition, you can also purchase anything else from EcoMom.com through August 31, 2010 and receive 15% off your first order! Just use discount code SBBL557! She has some awesome things for the home and for your little ones. She also has a great program called the EcoPass which allows you to purchase a $99.00 annual membership to receive 15% off any order all year long! You also get free shipping (even if you don't spend the full $75 minimum for non-EcoPass holders). This program pays for itself in as little as four orders!!






My final step in my laundry makeover was getting rid of those pesky dryer sheets. I had heard awesome things about dryer balls, but didn't want to buy the plastic, PVC-ridden balls at the supercenter down the street. So I checked out CleanSypria over at Etsy and fell! in! love! with her adorable colors and ideas. She has so many different dryer balls to choose from, and you can now purchase them with a lavender scent! How awesome!! I chose the grey wool felted dryer balls and they work so good. Marah and I each got a set from this lovely artist and she gave us a great discount for buying more than one set at a time! So stock up, friends!!! The dryer balls are great because they still reduce static in the clothes, and it also cuts down on dry time, ultimately saving you up to 50cents per load.... per load. Wow! I do TONS of laundry every week, so this was a big deal to me! In a typical year, an average family will spend over $250 on dryer sheets alone. So factor in the cost of dryer balls and then saving money on your electric bill, and you are practically being paid to do your laundry. Boom bam, I was sold.
Overall, I am thrilled with my new laundry get-up. So thrilled, in fact that I want to offer the same to you! That's right! One VERY lucky winner will receive a full laundry makeover, including:
That's a steal! In addition, three runner-ups will each receive a sample packet of Rockin Green Soap in "Rage Against the Raspberries".... my favorite scent! Ready to enter to win? Here's the skinny....
Mandatory Entry: You must be a PUBLIC follower of my blog via Google Friend Connect, be sure to leave me your email address with each entry that you do so I can contact you if you won!!
Extra Entries:
1. Follow Me on Twitter (@taprilcrosier) +1 entry
2. Follow Rockin Green on Twitter (@RockinGreen) +1 entry
3. Follow EcoMom on Twitter (@EcoMomCEO) +1 entry
4. Follow CleanSypria on Twitter (@CraftySypria) +1 entry
5. Tweet this once daily (and leave me the permalink): +1 entry
#Win a Laundry Makeover from @taprilcrosier, @RockinGreen, @EcoMomCEO and @CraftySypria.... http://tiny.cc/zfmjs {ends 9/15} #giveaways
6. Become a Fan of Rockin Green and EcoMom on Facebook (click each name to be linked) +1 entry
7. Sign up for the EcoMom Newsletter +1 entry
8. Make a purchase from CleanSypria's Etsy Shop +3 entries
9. Sign up for Swagbucks under my referral and start searching! +5 entries
There are so many chances to win with this giveaway, so be sure to come back everyday to re-tweet about this blog and boost your shot at winning your own laundry makeover :)
This giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only. The winner will be chosen by random.org on September 15, 2010 at 12:00pm and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. Your prize pack will be shipped out by each company individually.
While I did receive these products from each company, I was not compensated for reviewing the products and my opinions are my own. You can find my full disclosure policy here.

154 comments:

  1. follow your blog, OF COURSE! :)

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. follow you on twitter

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. follow ecomom on twitter

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. follow rockin green on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. following cleansypria on twitter

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. tweeted today.

    http://twitter.com/mmumma/statuses/21789132486

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. already fan rockin green and ecomom on fb

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. already subscribe to ecomom newsletter

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow your blog publicly via Google Friend Connect

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow you on Twitter

    ID: @szogediek

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow Rockin' Green on Twitter

    ID: @szogediek

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Follow EcoMom on Twitter

    ID: @szogediek

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Follow CleanSypria on Twitter

    ID: @szogediek

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. tweeted today.

    http://twitter.com/mmumma/statuses/21848362491

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow your blog :)

    rebeccalynn.novotny[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh... So love Rockin'Green and I'm glad to have stumbled on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://www.facebook.com/ecomom?ref=ts&v=wall

    http://www.facebook.com/rockingreensoap?ref=ts

    Fan of both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. tweeted today!

    http://twitter.com/mmumma/statuses/21956309969

    ReplyDelete
  19. tweeted today.

    http://twitter.com/mmumma/statuses/21997418670

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow your blog.
    kyeouze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Follow you on Twitter as Krystanza
    kyeouze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow EcoMom on Twitter
    kyeouze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Follow craftySypria on Twitter
    kyeouze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Signed up for ecomom's newsletter.
    kyeouze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. fan of ecomom on FB
    kyeouze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tweeted today
    http://twitter.com/krystanza
    kyeouze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Silly question - I'm new to tweeting. How do I leave a permalink?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow your blog. :)

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow you on Twitter. :)

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow EcoMom on Twitter.

    whitney [at] qandus.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Following publicly via Google Friend Connect.
    tirza57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Following publicly via Google Friend Connect.

    ussmeeks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Following on Twitter

    ussmeeks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Following Rockin Green on Twitter

    ussmeeks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Following EcoMom on Twitter

    ussmeeks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Following CleanSypria on Twitter

    ussmeeks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Signed up for EcoMom newsletter

    ussmeeks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fan of EcoMom and Rockin Green on FB

    ussmeeks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm a public follower!

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/22266444688

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I follow Rock'n Green on twitter (@channynn).

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I follow you on twitter (@channynn).

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow ecomomceo on twitter (@channynn).

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I follow CraftySypria on twitter (@channynn).

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow your blog. :)

    jeremy dot jenn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I like Rockin Green and EcoMom on Facebook

    jeremy dot jenn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Signed up for the EcoMom newsletter

    jeremy dot jenn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Following you on Twitter

    jeremy dot jenn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm not sure that I'm doing this right but...I am following you, RnG, EcoMom, and CleanSypria on Twitter, and I am a fan of RnG and EcoMom on facebook. Also I have done my daily tweet!- Nicole
    lil _ elocin at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/22526424636

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I follow your blog via GFC

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I follow you on twitter (@lifesemicrunchy)

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I follow Rockin Green on Twitter (@lifesemicrunchy)

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I follow EcoMom on Twitter (@lifesemicrunchy)

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. tweet http://twitter.com/lifesemicrunchy/status/22650224636

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I follow CleanSypria on Twitter

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I am a fan of Rockin Green and EcoMom on Facebook

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I signed up for the EcoMom newsletter

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Following your blog.

    sarahthesoprano at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Fan of Rockin Green on Facebook!

    sarahthesoprano at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Following Rockin Green on Twitter.

    sarahthesoprano at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wow!
    Following you on twitter!

    jenmoldham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Following rockin green on twitter!

    jenmoldham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Following ecomom on twitter!

    jenmoldham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Fan of rockin green on facebook!

    jenmoldham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  68. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/22841630647

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/22879021468

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I follow Rockin Green on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  71. I signed up for Swagbucks under you! (Entry 1)

    ReplyDelete
  72. I signed up for Swagbucks under you! (Entry 2)

    ReplyDelete
  73. I signed up for Swagbucks under you! (Entry 3)

    ReplyDelete
  74. I signed up for Swagbucks under you! (Entry 4)

    ReplyDelete
  75. I signed up for Swagbucks under you! (Entry 5)

    ReplyDelete
  76. I'm a GFC follower! Come follow me back!
    http://questfortheperfectclothdiaper.blogspot.com/

    questfortheperfectclothdiaper@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/23052055275

    tweet!

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  78. I am a Marine Parents Public follower on google friend connect!

    wendym at cableone dot net

    ReplyDelete
  79. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/23239038042

    Tweet!

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. Mandatory entry:
    I follow your blog via GFC.
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I follow you on twitter.
    oregongal1
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I follow Rockin Green on twitter.
    oregongal1
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I follow Ecomom on twitter.
    oregongal1
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I follow CraftySypria on Twitter.
    oregongal1
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  85. I am a fan of Ecomom and rockin green on FB.
    angela ross heffner
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I am a fan of Ecomom and rockin green on FB.
    angela ross heffner
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  87. I have signed up for the eco mom newsletter.
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. I follow via GFC
    Heather Ford
    couponinggirl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I follow via Twitter
    @hford5302
    couponinggirl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. I follow RockinGreen via Twitter
    @hford5302
    couponinggirl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. I follow EcoMomCEO via Twitter
    @hford5302
    couponinggirl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. I'm a fan of RockinGreen and EcoMom via Facebook
    Heather Ford
    couponinggirl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I signed up for Eco Mom's newsletter
    couponinggirl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I follow your blog on GFC :) ngiraldi @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I get the EcoMom newsletter :) ngiraldi @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  96. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/23926206935

    Tweet!

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  97. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/24000324167

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I am following publicly~
    mandalynn72756@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I follow you via GFC!

    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow you on twitter! @HauteMommyBlog

    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  101. I follow RnG on twitter! @HauteMommyBlog

    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  102. I follow EcoMom on twitter! @HauteMommyBlog

    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  103. I follow CleanSypria on twitter! @HauteMommyBlog

    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  104. I like RnG and EcoMom on Facebook! (Julia Smith)

    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  105. I subscribed to the EcoMom newsletter!

    brycesmommy(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  106. I follow you through GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  107. I follow you on twitter.
    Chelyea

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I follow RockinGreen on twitter.
    Chelyea

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  109. I follow EcoMomCEO on twitter.
    Chelyea

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  110. I follow CraftySypria on twitter.
    Chelyea

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  111. Tweet.
    https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/24051787888

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  112. I'm already a fan of RockinGreen and EcoMom on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  113. I signed up for the EcoMom Newsletter.

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  114. follow you on google friend connect

    jessica.makowiecki[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  115. following you on twitter

    @jessmakowiecki

    jessica.makowiecki[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  116. following rockin green on twitter

    @jessmakowiecki

    jessica.makowiecki[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  117. following eco-mom on twitter.

    @jessmakowiecki

    jessica.makowiecki[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  118. following cleansypria on twitter

    @jessmakowiecki

    jessica.makowiecki[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  119. Fan of Rockin Green and Ecomom on FB.

    jessica.makowiecki[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  120. tweeted today

    http://twitter.com/jessmakowiecki/status/24083611867




    jessica.makowiecki[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I already get the ecomom newsletter

    http://twitter.com/jessmakowiecki/status/24083611867

    ReplyDelete
  122. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/24096033482

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  123. I follow you on gfc
    helenlamby at hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  124. I fFollow Rockin Green on Twitter as @helenlamby

    ReplyDelete
  125. I follow EcoMom on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  126. tweeted http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/24135335701

    ReplyDelete
  127. following rockin green on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  128. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/24191602594

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  129. I am a follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  130. I am a fan of Rockin' Green and EcoMom on FB!
    april71783@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  131. I'm a follower.
    baby0319(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  132. I'm a fan of Rockin Green and EcoMom on facebook.

    baby0319(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  133. I signed up for swagbucks using your referral.

    baby0319(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  134. Tweet.
    http://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/24210721618

    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  135. tweeted http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/24252043389

    ReplyDelete
  136. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/24284434355

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  137. https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/24371766315
    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  138. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/24382812584

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. tweeted http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/24425439044

    ReplyDelete
  140. http://twitter.com/channynn/statuses/24479686955

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  141. I follow your blog via GFC.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  142. I am following you on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  143. I follow RnG on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  144. I follow EcoMom on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  145. I'm following CleanSypria on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  146. I tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/24504722584
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  147. I follow your blog.

    ashley_liane at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  148. I like both RnG & EcoMom on FB.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  149. I get the EcoMom newsletter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. https://twitter.com/Chelyea/status/24509849230
    Chelsey.Varela(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  151. Last Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/24562225428
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  152. I follow your blog via GFC!

    carolinermarin AT yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete