20 August 2009

The Galloping of Horses

Yesterday I had my first "official" doctor's appointment. I was able to speak with the doctor about all my strange (or strange to me) pregnancy symptoms....

  • numb hands, like they fell asleep
  • meat food aversion
  • alot of weight loss

She said all my symptoms are normal and will get better over time. Even though I have had no weight gain, she said I am eating healthy and she encourages me to be active. I was somewhat apprehensive about starting some light walking, just to get out and get some fresh air and stay active, because I haven't gained any weight... but my doctor whisked those fears right away and said I'm doing great!

I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat again, sounds just like horses running! What a wonderful sound :) Next time I am going to record it and email it to Caleb so he can hear our baby's heartbeat of love!

We also went ahead and set up my next two appointments. Just a general check up on September 18th and then on October 8th we will do an ultrasound to see what the baby is! But don't get too excited folks.... I won't even find out that day!! I spoke with my doctor and we have a special plan in place. She is going to write down the sex of the baby and stick it in an envelope. Then, I am going to mail it to Caleb so he will be the first person (besides the doctor) to know what we are going to have!! Then he can call us and tell us the good news :) You really have to be creative to keep those deployed military men active in everything that happens while they are gone. He's really excited though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment