09 February 2011

where we're going [and where we've been!]....

{credit due}


life is a total blur this week -- it's my last five days of work {two days left after today!} and i am up to my pierced ears with tasks that need to be completed.... small sewing projects that need to be mailed to friends for reviews or raffles or just because, laundry is on a constant rotation, final reviews being written and quickly {but precisely} photographed for 28 Days to Celebrate, thinking about making a packing list .... i haven't really gotten past the "thinking" part yet.

amelia and i fly to oregon saturday morning at six am!! it's definitely better for us to fly in the morning.  we purchased a second seat on the plane so amel can be comfortable in her carseat and i can breathe easier knowing i don't have to frantically soothe a squirmy, independent toddler for five hours.  i'm also hoping to get some serious photoshop time in while she naps..... hoping....

we've been running all week trying to get everything together for the trip -- making sure i have all the photography tools i need {albeit a tripod, we are undecided on brands}, appropriate clothing for amelia, and searching for luggage.... luckily we thought to check CSN stores for a sweet set of Delsey Luggage bags that will hold everything we need and keep it safe from being broken or damaged {have you seen the way they toss your bags around?!}.

between working and worrying and packing, i've been having oh-so-much-fun with my new camera!  seriously, if you don't already own a dSLR camera and you have the means to get one.... do it! you absolutely will not regret it, friends!  i wish we had gotten this camera sooner.  i have three lenses so far and can see myself selling off our cloth diaper stash in the next year as we begin potty training and putting that money straight towards more lenses *wink*  talk about replacing one addiction with another!  here is what my days have looked like between blogging and.... well, everything else!


{dressing up... and dressing down *wink*}

{the mandatory daily photo shoot!}

{adorable faces....}

{....and total meltdowns!]

i hope you are all having a lovely day!! be sure to check out all of the super fun giveaways going on right now and enter to win some fab products -- with more to come!

5 comments:

  1. love the naked baby pics! hahaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope yo enjoy your trip <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah for new changes. Don't you just want to get the whole process going already. It's been like a cloud glooming over your head. Or at least that was how I felt.

    And I love your pictures! Isn't it so much fun to play around with the camera. And then dream at night of new lenses! I do the same thing myself. I also was mad at myself for not getting a good camera YEARS ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Exciting times! You will NOT regret having a seat for Amelia! Make SURE you give her a decongestant BEFORE the plane takes off in case the pressure hurts her ears. You do NOT want her to be screaming from ear pain. Trust me on this! LOL! And, if it makes her a bit drowsy, that's a benefit! Trust me on this! I've had two horrible plane trips with crying babies (with or without decongestant). IT.IS.SO.NOT.FUN.AND.EVERYONE.ON.THE.PLANE.HATES.YOU

    I *so* want a DLSR, but I compromised with an advanced point & shoot. Love it, although I'm still learning how to get the BEST shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the photos and I know your super busy April! i really want a DLSR camera but will have to wait till I begin working (like, 2 years... long years!) I'm trying to send as many people you way as I can, I posted about your giveway at mommydoes... again. I hope you get some great traffic AND I see the Apple Cheeks did well so far :D
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete