one of caleb's favorite hobbies is fishing. that man could fish all day....
all day. when we were dating and first married, i seriously needed every minute of my life to be at his side, even if it meant sitting in a vinyl chair with too small cupholders and a pile of spat out sunflower seed shells. i've finally come around to the realization that alone time is f-i-n-e and actually very healthy for a relationship. so now, when caleb goes out fishing overnight with his buddies, i can make fabric rosettes and watch a movie on demand three times in a row.
i got the tutorial
here.... they are so simple to make. the only deviation i took from the tutorial was cutting the strips of fabric to be twice as wide, folding in half and pressing. i thought it gave the rosette more dimension and... oomph. i'm going to make alot more.... i ordered a few ring bases to make some big, funky accessories and who knows where i'll go from there!
I make these as well! So fun!
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful! I wish I knew how to sew!
ReplyDeleteFollowing back from the Sunday Hop!
http://adventuresofmommys.blogspot.com/
These are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by A Cup of Romance - I'm now your newest follower =)
Sandie lee
following you back! great stuff here!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to love following your blog. thanks for following me.
ReplyDeletePretty! I love doing crafty things while watching movies or TV--that way, I don't feel like I'm wasting time. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower from the Relax and Surf Blog Hop. I'd love it if you'd follow me back!
http://thetypeahousewife.blogspot.com/
they are so cute. Thanks for following :) Following back
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Sometimes I think me and T need more time apart. Ha! We don't either one have a true hobby.
ReplyDeleteI have to try this. The Hubs got me a rosette headband from etsy that I am in love with and I'd love to know how to make more.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting 3MomsIn1.com from the blog hop today. I used to do some marketing/media work for the Marine Corps - love those guys! I'm your newest follower.
ReplyDeletebeautiful! following you back teri
ReplyDeletefollowing back ! thanks for following! love making fabric flowers! great idea putting them in a vase! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove the rosettes, thanks for following and I look forward to reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteShawn
Wow. Those are beautiful. And yes, you're right. Alone time is crucial. I look forward to Sundays during football season for mine. He watches the games, I do my thing. It's awesome. Anyway, thanks for the follow. Sharing the love.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! Following back from the blog hop.
ReplyDeletehttp://lissasloot.blogspot.com
Those are super cute. Following your blog and would love the follow back. Happy new year to you!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!! Those are beautiful!! I am following you back!!
ReplyDeleteMichele aka MikiHope
www.mikishope.com
Following you back from the blog hop!! Keep up the good work--those are beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteMichele aka MikiHope
www.mikishope.com