07 December 2010

on a mission....


we are all guilty of saying it.... but here goes: i want to lose weight.  now, i know i am in no position to say i am morbidly overweight, obese, or the like - but i do have pounds to shed post-pregnancy.  my body was not perfect to start (who's is.... oh, hi angelina jolie.... welcome to my blog!) but i want to get back to where my clothes fit better!

i've been doing well for the past four days, that's right - four days.  can you relate in my excitement, please? every diet started is destined to fail, so i've just been eating well and balanced  extra veggies, smaller portions, significantly less sugar.  i'm still a sucker for a glass of coke or sweet tea, but i don't want to bind myself too tight and fall off this "get-fit" band wagon, so i'm allowing myself these treats at night.  i've been feeling good, energized, blessed.  and hopefully, in the future (whenever it may be) my healthy eating will become habit and i'll be buying smaller jeans!

{{P.S.}} i had high hopes of using my boss's elliptical machine during amelia's naptime a handful of times a week.  but it is so.cold.SO.COLD. in the garage that i've decided not to torture myself.  like i said, i'm not dieting, just being better.  so i'm letting this go for now. kthnx.

4 comments:

  1. Hi April . . . thanks for following my blog . . . I am following you as well!

    Wanting to lose weight has to be the one single thing that all women have in common. I loved the PS . . . and by the way, we bought an exercise bike two months ago and it is still in the box!

    You guys are such a cute family :)

    Gina
    http://subtropical-gardening.blogspot.com
    http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com
    . . . and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet tea gets me every time!

    Thanks for doing the military blog hop yesterday. I linked up and couldn't really particpate much. I found it later in the day and soon after I had a MIL birthday dinner thing to go to. So, I can't wait until the next one so I can really get into it!

    ~Kristy
    www.kristyvilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just wanted to show you some comment luv:)
    I know how you feel! I had two babies in two years and it wrecked my body shape (or was it the c-sections??) Bahahaha! O-well they were both WELL worth it in the end. Last year I lost 40 lbs on Weight Watchers and B lost almost 70 between that and Atkins. I feel way better but know I could feel even better if I buckled down. It's not like that pot roast is helping or anything... (or maybe it's the gravy?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... let's inspire one another! I'm jumping on the boat with you, sister!
    I said GOOD JOB on the 4 days (is it 5 now!?). Every day is a SUCCESS to be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete