29 November 2010

holiday with the corps.... little green books review and giveaway!

**CLOSED**
Books are so important to me – I seriously love reading! I feel like curling up with a good book and getting lost in the story, living through the characters, devouring the plot… it’s all such a good way to begin or end my day!  Many nights I have found myself nodding off while reading, but I’m so desperate to get to the end of the chapter before calling it quits for the evening.  I would really love to instill in Amelia the importance of books and reading at an early age.



When I found Simon & Schuster’s line of Little Green Books, I became so excited to fill Amelia’s bookcase with their paper treasures!  Each book teaches an earth-friendly lifestyle lesson and is made from recycled materials.  The books are vibrantly colored and fun to look at for curious, little eyes!  Beginning at a young age, Little Green Books offers soft cloth books made from 100% cotton and recycled Polartec Fleece…. Even the soft lovey books are recycled!  I chose two of these adorable plush readers – Little Monkey and Little Panda!

Once your child starts really becoming interested in stories and interacting more, Little Green Books offers a great line of “lift-the-flap” books with kid-friendly recycling and reusing lessons.  These books are printed on 100% recycled material, and I love the unbleached pages with bright colors!  I chose two books from this category for Amelia…. “Don’t Throw That Away” teaches little ones that what looks like trash can really be repurposed into a treasure, and “What Do You See?” teaches kids about the beauty of endangered animals!

I have each of these books wrapped neatly (in recycled paper, no less!) under the Christmas tree, waiting for Christmas morning when Amelia will tear into them and start chewing away!!  After the initial shock wears off, I know we will enjoy cuddling up on the sofa and pouring over the beautiful pages of each of our Little Green Books!
Simon & Schuster have been so generous to offer up two Little Green Books prize packages to two lucky Marine Parents readers! One reader will receive the two soft books (Little Monkey and Little Panda) and one reader will win two flap books (Don’t Throw That Away and What Do You See?)!!
mandatory entry: you must follow my blog publicly by Google Friend Connect (right sidebar) and visit the Little Green Books website and tell me what book set you would like! leave me your email address so i can contact you if you win!

extra entries: (leave a new comment for each entry!)
·         follow me on twitter +1 entry
·         tweet this once daily +1 entry (PER day)
" RT 2 winners each get 2 Little Green Books from Simon & Schuster
 @taprilcrosier http://tinyurl.com/2f89377 {ends 12/6} #giveaways #read #eco "
·         become a fan of Marine Parents on Facebook  +1 entry
·         vote for my blog on Picket Fence +1 entry (PER day)
·         blog about this giveaway including the link +2 entries
·         sign up for my emails and confirm +2 entries
·         add my NEW blog button to your sidebar on the main page of your blog +2 entries
·         enter any of my other current giveaways and tell me which one +1 entry

you must leave me some way to verify each entry, such as a user ID or permalink/url
(learn how to do that here) or your entry won’t count!! this giveaway will run until 12/6/10 at 12pm EST! you can come back and enter every day with a couple of the entries so be sure to return for more chances to win! winner will be chosen by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.  open to US and Canada residents.

while i was sent these wonderful books for free to review, i was not paid to give a glowing review. my opinions are based on my experience and are 100% honest. to view my full disclosure policy, please click
here.

39 comments:

  1. I am a follower :)
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Don't Throw That Away." So cute.
    I follow your blog.
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you on twitter as krystanza
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you on FB
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get your emails.
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get your emails
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too, like Don't Throw that away :)
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted for you!
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get your e-mails!
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm signed up for your ecomom giveaway.
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have your button
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com
    mommydoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have your button
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com
    mommydoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get your e-mails!
    brookeannaroberts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. follower. I would love Little Monkey / Panda for my son. (and my First Garden)... lots of great books!
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. follow you on twitter
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. fan of Marine Parents on Facebook
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://twitter.com/curious_kitty/status/9667041401245696
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like "The Polar Bears' Home" -- I follow you through GFC ngiraldi @ gmail .c om

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like you on FB ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I voted for you at Picket Fence Blogs 11/30 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm signed up for your emails #1 ngiraldi @ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm signed up for your emails #2 ngiraldi @ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm entered in the EcoMom giveaway ngiraldi @ gmail .c om

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow via GFC.
    I'd love the Monkey and Panda set!

    claudecampeau at videotron dot ca
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I follow you on Twitter @claudecampeau

    claudecampeau at videotron dot ca
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I voted on Fence

    claudecampeau at videotron dot ca
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow you. I would love Don't Throw That Away. Santa Claus is Green looks cute, too!
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Follow you on twitter (@LaydieAphrodite)
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/10784829427687424
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Like you on facebook (Kirsten T..)
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/11016273689317376
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, new follower on GFC as Tracy Taylor, if I won I would love the Little Monkey and Little Panda Set - tracyschultz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Follow you on Twitter
    tracyschultz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/11403574042959873
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I voted for you at picket fence blogs 12/5 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/11757757065596928
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Voted on Picket Fence.
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. voted
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. http://twitter.com/curious_kitty/status/11898958049714176
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete