18 November 2010

the friend network....

i am not a fan of the "friend network".... friends by association, if you will.

there are people i get along with and love to hang out with.  those people with whom i share common interests and find intellectually stimulating.  and then there are people that can just fry my nerves - they are brash, hateful, irritating.  in some cases, it's just a clashing of personalities.  but some people are downright purposely violating my feelings.

i know one specific person, though i won't give specific information or state how we are connected.  but every time i am around this person, i wonder why i don't speak up to our common friend against interacting with them as often.  i feel so beat down after each encounter with this person and sometimes find myself close to tears when in their presence.  i know that i'm not the only one who is made to feel like this by said person, and no one else speaks up - shouldn't we all band together?!

do you have someone in your life that you are linked to, no matter how, that tears you down? how do you deal with that scenario?  any advice will help - consider our common friend to be very close to each of us, what do i do so as not to offend our middle man?

2 comments:

  1. Well kind of.. but it isn't a friend network kind of thing. It is my mother in law. I'm linked to her for as long as she is around with us and I can't stand to be around her. She is hateful, talks about my behind my back. It's hard to give you advice about this when you are the one dealing with the situation, you know its easy for us to tell you something but only you will know how to deal with it. In some cases you just have to bite your tongue and be civil but even I know how hard that is as I have to do the same thing in my case. I think everyone has someone like this in their life that they just cringe to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting (& following) from Friday Mom's Club.

    Have a great Friday!

    Linda @ Linda's Lunacy
    http://www.lindaslunacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete