i sat for several minutes drawing a blank on what to title this entry. i thought perhaps something serious, as the subject is very serious, or perhaps something light... so as not to pull more people down than already are. ultimately, i decided to do neither and just title it what it is. a loss.
i woke up this morning to get ready for work and hit the potty first thing.... i found that i was bleeding. more than just spotting. so i called caleb and tried to call my boss (who i finally got in touch with several hours later). i headed towards the naval hospital (where my OB is located) and called them when they opened. they told me to go straight to the ER.
i was back in my room in no time, and after a minimal wait, i began seeing several doctors and nurses, having blood drawn and questions asked. finally, there was a pelvic exam and ultrasound done. during the exam, there were some blood clots found, which were actually tissue. during the ultrasound, the gestational sac that i had seen last week in my first ultrasound was gone. i'd had a miscarriage this morning.
my heart is broken. while we had extremely mixed feelings about this complete surprise pregnancy, it was still another little lifeform growing inside of me. at the risk of sounding completely brash, this was easier to get over emotionally for me than for others, i believe. i had a miscarriage with our first pregnancy, and had a horrible time emotionally and physically. i was about a month further along then, and passed so much tissue at home that it was painful. i also had a heartless obstetrician at that time. amelia really brightened my day today, she is such a little miracle to me. she really helped bring my spirits up, even during a time of mourning and loss, and she shows me her love and beauty in each gummy, tooth-less smile she sends my way. caleb was able to be with me all day as well, and having my precious family close helped me to overcome another tragedy in our family.
i debated whether to tell you in a blog, it seems heartless. but you are my new friends of sorts, and i share with you my happiness and excitement of other occasions. i thought you should see the full range of emotions i have and share with you even the saddening events in my life. i have a great support system through friends and family, i want you to know that i am well.








I am so sorry for your loss. I also really appreciate your honesty and willingness to share this with us. You are very brave and I really admire you.
ReplyDeleteoh, i am so sorry for your loss. my heart goes out to you & your family right now. i'm glad you are writing about it & your feelings. expressing yourself & knowing that you are heard will help get you through this.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. :( I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, and I won't attempt to try. I'd like to say though that I think it's incredibly brave of you to share with us, and thank you for trusting us with something so personal. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete{{{ HUGS }}} to the whole family
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. :(
ReplyDeleteAPRIL! I am so sorry to hear this. If you need anything, you know my number. I wish all the best for each of you.
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry for your loss. You are so brave to share your story. I know you will find comfort in your family.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear of your loss. But so glad to hear of the support system you have in place. Thank you for trusting us with something so personal. My thoughts are with you and yours.
ReplyDeleteHugs
No matter how early in the pregnancy, losing a child is one of the worst things ever. It took me a very long time to fully accept what had happened instead of mourn what could have been. Wholeheartedly sending good thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteC
I am so sorry to hear this. I don't have any words that will make your pain any less, but wanted to let you know you're all in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. I'm glad your hubby and daughter could be with you!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be thinking of you and your family. ::hugs::
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. I know there are no words to say, but I'm thinking about you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. I know its never an easy thing, but I'm glad you were able to express yourself here. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is breaking for you right now. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. I have lost 4 myself (the most recently was just a few months ago). My thoughts and prayers are with you during this rough time.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. Many hugs during this time.
ReplyDelete