05 October 2010

insomnia....

i really feel like i have a bit of a sleeping disorder lately.

every night.... every night.... i wake up at some point and get up, find myself at the pantry or refrigerator (oops!) and then on to my computer to begin blogging, tweeting, emailing, surfing, up-to-no-good-ing.  i'm tired just from waking up each night, but i'm not sure how to stop it.

sigh.

tips, suggestions, ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Something that works for me to fall back asleep : I just picture myself in my favorite place to relax. For me it's taking a lazy nap on the deck of a sail boat, hearing the breeze in the sails and enjoying the warmth of the sun. It relaxes me and I am able to make my brain "shut up" with whatever it is that is keeping me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate medication, but have you tried melatonin? Its a vitamin (whooo hooo on vitamins) and is the only thing that worked for me. All through high school into college I had severe insomnia, sleeping pills wouldn't work (they had the opposite effect on me and actually made me hyper). My dr. suggested melatonin and I love it. I take it around 8pm and by 10 I'm tired enough to fall asleep and feel rested in the morning.

    ReplyDelete