22 October 2010

Happy Baby Foods Review and Giveaway!!!!

**CLOSED**


amelia is an eater.  i'm sure in about fifteen years she will be so upset with me for even starting off a blog entry with words like that, but it is the cold, hard truth.  our daughter is very food driven, and i have had so many other mom's say how lucky we are that she eats so well.  she is not (too) picky and is very independent, wanting finger foods over purees at 7 months old.  we try to give her the best, most healthy foods available, from snacks to drinks to meals.

we found Happy Baby Foods (part of the Happy Family company) early on and started amelia on some of their great organic happypuffs and organic happymelts.  (doesn't it just make you so happy to talk about it!?)  she goes through alot of these snacks, they are by far her favorite!! she can put away about a quarter of the happypuffs container in a day (that's two snack sittings).  we currently have her eating mostly the greens happypuffs, and sometimes the apple flavored.  i usally toss in a couple of the happymelts (in either strawberry or mixed berry) and they are like little freezedried delicacies that melt on my her tongue.  yum!  what i love the most about these happypuffs and happymelts is the price.  you can get a container of organic baby snacks from Happy Baby for about fifty cents more than the Gerber brand and the Happy Baby container is bigger.... so you are getting it cheaper in all actuality! how great is that?


{that is a happy, if not slightly food-crazed, baby right there!!}


i didn't know until right before Happy Baby sent me some awesome review samples that they also made frozen baby food - HappyBaby Frozen! it's very cool.... not in a jar, sitting on an unrefrigerated shelf.  these organic purees are sold in the freezer section at select grocery stores and come in packs of twelve cubes.  they looks just like my homemade baby food!  you just peel the film cover off of how ever many cubes you are wanting to feed your babe and zap it for about 20-30 seconds.  it's so easy, and they come out of the container pretty smooth.  we tried some of the chicken purees which were good, if not a little stringy, and the yes peas.  amelia seriously called it quits on the peas.... they have some organic mint mixed in, and apparently that is not to her suiting!  there are alot of different HappyBaby Frozen flavors that you can check out here.



finally, we tried the happybellies organic cereals.  amelia still loves her cereal every morning.  i know alot of babies never like it or just grow out of the bland taste, but she is a lover of all things food.  if it's on a spoon, she wants it.  we'd been using Beech-Nut previously, due to the fact that an acquaintance gave us about thirty boxes of it.... funny how you can meet a random mom and she gives you so much stuff that you never have to buy again.... well, i'm totally willing to toss/hand down all that cereal to another so that we can continue purchasing the Happy Baby happybellies cereal.  it mixes up soooo smooth and creamy and just looks better all around.  i usually try everything that little amelia eats (except the random pinestraw she finds on the floor...), but if it has baby formula in it i sort of draw the line.  bless her heart that she has to have formula in the first place (read about that here before you start barraging me with holier-than-thou comments).  anywho.... so happybellies is a total win in our house.  we have tried the organic oatmeal and organic multi-grain cereals and love both.


{oops.... totally don't have my own picture}

{BUY IT!}
you can buy Happy Baby foods and snacks at select retailers found here!

{WIN IT!}
Happy Baby has been so generous to let me review their products, and now they are giving the following FREE coupons for these products to one very lucky Marine Parents reader!!
* two HappyBellies cereals
* two HappyBaby Frozen foods
* two HappyPuffs
* two HappyMelts
* two HappyBites
* two HappyPouches
*nutrition guide and Happy Baby recipes!

mandatory entry: you must follow my blog publicly by Google Friend Connect (right sidebar) and visit the HappyBaby website and tell me something you learned about their company! leave me your email address so i can contact you if you win!

extra entries: (leave a new comment for each entry!)
·         follow me on twitter +1 entry
·         follow HappyBaby on twitter +1 entry
·         tweet this once daily: +1 entry

" you can #win free organic baby food from @happybabyfood and
@taprilcrosier http://tinyurl.com/28nl5ak {ends 11/5} #giveaways #eco "
              ·         become a fan of Marine Parents on Facebook  +1 entry
·         become a friend of HappyBaby of Facebook and tell them i sent you +1 entry
·         vote for my blog on Picket Fence +1 entry (PER day)
·         sign up for the HappyBaby newsletter +1 entry
·         blog about this giveaway including the link and my blog button +2 entries
·         sign up for my emails and confirm (left sidebar) +3 entries
·         enter any of my other current giveaways and tell me which one +1 entry

you must leave me some way to verify each entry, such as a user ID or permalink/url or your entry won’t count!! this giveaway will run until 11/5/10 at 12pm EST! you can come back and enter every day with a couple of the entries so be sure to return for more chances to win! winner will be chosen by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.  open to US and Canada residents.

while i was sent these necklaces for free to review, i was not paid to give a glowing review. my opinions are based on my experience and are 100% honest. to view my full disclosure policy, please click
here.

155 comments:

  1. I follow your blog via GFC.
    I've been seeing alot of this company on blogs lately. So exciting because this weekend, Sophia will eat Baby Food for the first time (other than cereal!)
    I learned that for every package you buy, they work with Project Peanut Butter to give food to children in Malawi!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow HappyBaby on Twitter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/28427555032
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Happy Baby on FB.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I entered the EcoMom giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I signed up for the Happy Baby Newsletter.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get your emails. 1
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get your emails. 2
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get your emails. 3
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like you on FB.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow your blog publically on the GFC, I like you on Facebook, I follow HappyBaby on Facebook, and I learned that possible allergens are clearly labeled on the HappyBaby products and the HappyBaby compnay donates to feed children in Malawi. Hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All their packaging is BPA-free and phthalate-free.

    Follow you via GFC

    smmumma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. follow you on twitter

    @mmumma

    ReplyDelete
  16. follow happy baby on twitter

    @mmumma

    ReplyDelete
  17. tweeted

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/28436224420

    ReplyDelete
  18. already like happybaby on fb.

    said you sent me back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I follow on GFC as bukaeyes
    I learned that a 7-12 month old Baby needs 11 MG of Iron per day
    bukaeyes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on Twitter @bukaeyes
    bukaeyes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow Happy Baby on Twitter @bukaeyes
    bukaeyes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like Marine Parents on Facebook (Betsy Hoff)
    bukaeyes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like Happy Baby on Facebook (Betsy Hoff) and told them you sent me
    bukaeyes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I voted for you on Picket Fence Blogs
    bukaeyes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I subscribed via Email
    bukaeyes@aol.com #1

    ReplyDelete
  26. I subscribed via Email
    bukaeyes@aol.com #2

    ReplyDelete
  27. I subscribed via Email
    bukaeyes@aol.com #3

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am a gfc follower.
    I learned that HAPPYBABY has partnered with Dr. Sears to ensure the healthiest formulations possible for baby's growing body.

    We just started solids and are big fans of their multi-grain cereal

    ReplyDelete
  29. follow you on twitter @AKauz
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. follow HappyBaby on twitter @AKauz
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/AKauz/status/28438173047
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. voted on picket fence
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Signed up for HappyBaby Newsletter
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Signed up and confirmed for your emails
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Signed up for emails (2)
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Signed up for emails (3)
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I entered the Smarty Pants Giveaway
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. now following publically

    ReplyDelete
  39. twitter follower scoop500

    ReplyDelete
  40. i follow happy baby on twitter as scoop500

    ReplyDelete
  41. tweet! http://twitter.com/scoop500/status/28457219162

    ReplyDelete
  42. i'm a fan of happy baby on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  43. I follow your blog VIA GFC. I learned that they not only make baby food, but have frozen toddler meals as well which is pretty awesome on those busy days!

    ReplyDelete
  44. following you on twitter.

    jessica.makowiecki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. following happy baby on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  46. tweeted

    http://twitter.com/#!/jessmakowiecki/status/28463225588

    jessica.makowiecki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I learned that all of their packaging is BPA free... never really gave any thought to my baby's food being stored in something that was potentially hazardous till now.

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. follow on twitter @lifesemicrunchy

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. follow HappyBabyFood on Twitter @lifesemicrunchy

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. tweeted http://twitter.com/#!/lifesemicrunchy/status/28463566835

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Marine Parents Facebook fan

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. facebook fan of HappyBaby

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. voted for you on picket fence

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. email subscriber

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. 2 email subscriber

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. 3 email subscriber

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/AKauz/status/28498665935
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Daliy picket fence vote
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/28498198018
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/28502714255

    ReplyDelete
  62. I follow you through GFC-- I learned about their partnership with Project Peanut Butter to feed one child in Malawi for one day. ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I'm a fan on FB ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'm a fan on Happy Baby on FB and thanked them for this giveaway ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I'm signed up for your emails #1 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I'm signed up for your emails #2 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm signed up for your emails #3 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'm entered in the EcoMom giveaway ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Voted for you on PicketFence
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  70. daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/AKauz/status/28589381738

    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. tweeted today

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/28611815407

    ReplyDelete
  72. daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/AKauz/status/28685932175
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Voted for you on Picket Fence :-)
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/28686139357
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. tweeted

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/28693229528

    ReplyDelete
  77. I follow your blog as Sullywilson and I learned that HappyBaby has a great allergy chart to let you know what products ARE NOT in their foods. So helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I follow you on twitter @sullywilson

    ReplyDelete
  79. I follow HappyBaby on twitter @sullywilson

    ReplyDelete
  80. I follow HappyBaby on FB and told them you sent me. FB id sulauren.e.wilson

    ReplyDelete
  81. I tweeted about the contest @sullywilson

    ReplyDelete
  82. I voted for you on picket fence

    ReplyDelete
  83. I get the HB newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/bukaeyes/status/28711346178
    bukaeyes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/28787952577

    ReplyDelete
  86. i am a fan of LWML on FB

    jessica.makowiecki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  87. voted for you today

    jessica.makowiecki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. Signed up for your emails & confirmed.

    jessica.makowiecki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  89. Signed up for your emails & confirmed.

    jessica.makowiecki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  90. Signed up for your emails & confirmed.

    jessica.makowiecki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  91. Voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/28791027536
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I publicly follow LWML! ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I am a fan of LWML on FB! ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  95. tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/AKauz/status/28818460994
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  96. daily vote on Picket fence
    akkauz at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  97. daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/28887844574

    ReplyDelete
  98. I voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  99. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/28889758087
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  100. daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/28981180172

    ReplyDelete
  101. I follow your blog via GFC. :)

    HappyBaby has a partnership with Method.

    jeremy DOT jenn AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  102. I follow you on Twitter (@okrdhdqt)

    jeremy DOT jenn AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  103. tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/29085443579

    ReplyDelete
  104. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/29105084347
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  105. Voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  106. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/29175648663
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/29175663353
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I follow HappyBaby on Twitter (@okrdhdqt)

    jeremy DOT jenn AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  109. I like HappyBaby on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  110. daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/29270478621

    ReplyDelete
  111. I voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  112. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/29301050357
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  113. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/29371131909
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  114. Voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  115. daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/29382295643

    ReplyDelete
  116. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/29459747201
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. Voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  118. tweet

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/29465892941

    ReplyDelete
  119. Entered the Adrienne Audrey Jewelry Giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  120. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/29568210906
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. Voted for you!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  122. tweeted

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/29574394316

    ReplyDelete
  123. tweeted

    http://twitter.com/#!/mmumma/status/29668642748

    ReplyDelete
  124. Last Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/536867946627072
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  125. Voted
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  126. Entering Bummis giveaway!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  127. tweet

    http://twitter.com/mmumma/statuses/540550868508672

    ReplyDelete
  128. follow blog via GFC. i learned that they sell frozen toddler meals as well
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  129. I follow you on Twitter
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  130. fan of Marine Parents on Facebook
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  131. http://twitter.com/curious_kitty/status/589787819937792
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  132. voted
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  133. entered bummis
    taraz9 at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  134. I learned that Happy Baby products are sold in over 5,000 stores. I'm actively looking for it near me, now.

    publicly following your blog via GFC

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. I voted for you at Picket Fence 11/5 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  136. I'm entered in the Bummis Easy Fit Diaper giveaway ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  137. i follow you through gfc i love happy baby products having dealt with them before i know they do not derive their citric acid from corn

    erin dot koza at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete