07 September 2010

the nap time fight song....

amelia has decided that she is too old, too big, too grown up for nap time. where is my baby? just last week i was bragging to a friend about how "my baby takes 4 naps a day and hits the hay by 9pm at the latest...." so i jinxed myself, apparently.

this weekend has been next to unbearable for napping. i know amelia is tired, she is rubbing her eyes and making her little sleepy cooing noises. so i make sure she has a clean diaper and she's been fed and off to her crib she goes. screaming ensues. crying begins. a downright tantrum has happened before my eyes. this girl is going nuts in her crib! she will roll onto her tummy and then won't have enough room to do her odd little pushup thing to get back on to her back, so i have to go in to calm her from the dreaded tummy time and start the whole charade over again!

we have tried everything, and i literally almost spend $200 this weekend on ordering a nap nanny.... until i read it's not safe for crib use. so then i told caleb to take the harness/buckle off her swing from storage and sew it to her crib sheets. i'm sure child services will be knocking on my door minutes after i click "publish this post."

caleb finally swaddled our enormous six month old child in a queen size flannel sheet. oh how i would give anything to have gotten that picture, but i was so f.r.a.z.z.l.e.d. that i couldn't think of anything beyond closing my eyes to silence....

that silence was gone momentarily. the swaddle was too hot. so amel came to bed with us. we co-slept her first month while we were traveling from oregon to north carolina and loved it. well, she's way too big, way too fiesty, and apparently loves to play at all hours of the night. she was quickly banished from mommy and daddy's bed.

she did finally nod off but was up at five.a.m. this morning on my.day.off. after an hour of play and a bottle, she went to sleep (not willingly, see above) for another 4 hours and re-started our day at a more mommy-friendly time. she is now napping, again, not willingly.

pray for my sanity, friends.

16 comments:

  1. Hiya! Following you back from TTA. Your bubba is gorgeous! Monique xx
    http://originalmischief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for entering my Tuesday Tag Along & for stopping by my blog & following! I am now following you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!! I love your cute blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from Tag-Along Tuesday. Please drop by my blog and do the same at http://www.cookiesandclogs.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog... I am now following and look forward to reading more of your stuff.
    All the best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. following from
    http://havesippywilltravel.blogspot.com/
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Thanks for following three crazy munchkins- I'm following back! Sounds like a rough day- praying that you have a better night tonight.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for following.. i am now following you back =) stop on by every once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for visiting me at Sassy Sites and becoming a follower! I'm your newest follower now! ;)

    xoxo
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for following Frugality Is Free, I'm now following you as well.

    I'm having similar issues with my 14-month-old son, as he has been fighting his sleep this week. Tonight he was extra antsy at cooking time, and I had to have him on my hip or he would be screaming like crazy.

    I would like to invite you to this week’s The Wednesday Window . It is the place to feature your favorite blog post of the past week or so, for more details check out Frugality Is Free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you get some sleep tonight. Do you have a toy or something that you can wind up and the baby can listen to it. Or maybe one of those "aquarium" things that hang on the side of the crib. It has like a night light and little fishies "swim" in the water. I've heard those work. I think they're like $20-30. Take that other thing back and get one of those.

    Good luck!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I appreciate it! I'm following you now on GFC and Facebook =D

    By the way, I had to readd my GFC to my blog if you'd like to go and follow me now, (if it wasn't up when you were there.
    Tina http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hand in there... this nap thing shall pass too. You're doing great!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am now following you.
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck.

    I wish I could give you more helpful advice than that, but each family has to come up with their own best plan.

    Hopefully it is a short phase!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stoppin' by for a Latte'. I am happy to return the follow. Sorry to hear about your little ones sleep problems, hope it was just for a day and she goes back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I don't miss those days! Though I wish we could even consider a nap!

    LOL, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete