08 February 2010

The Final Stretch [Mark]







Oh dear.... it has been a long time since I last posted! Pregnancy and Baby Amelia have been keeping me so busy!! In addition, this will probably be my one of my last posts before Amelia is born.... 22 days and counting :) So let's get started, we have alot of information to cover!

Above are my updated pictures.... seven, eight (and a half), and nine months. We forgot to take a "normal" eight month picture and so the picture above is from the baby shower (another post!) As you can see, I am definetly growing! I'm happy to say all my weight has been gained in my belly and I hope it will all come off easily, but what pregnant woman doesn't!

Sooooo...... Caleb came home from Iraq early!! He was home December 15, 2009 and I was in North Carolina to greet him!! I got to visit with him and our friends from Dec 14-Jan 4 and had a great time! It was a wonderful Christmas present to have a plane ticket, especially with a first class seat for my return home, hehe :) We found an apartment while we were together, which was a much larger ordeal than we thought it would be. With the Marine Corps having just boosted their numbers and bringing home everyone from Iraq then housing is a hot commodity in Jacksonville. We found a really nice 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment that is about 25 minutes from our friends' house in Richlands and about 15 minutes from the base that Caleb works at. It has a great big kitchen with SIX drawers (drawers are important.... how do people cope without them?), a large living room and a sliding glass door leading to the patio and the laundry room.... yes, the laundry room is outside. It's strange, I know, but it's Jacksonville. We are really excited, and our lease begins March 15th. For now, Caleb is staying with our very gracious friends until he comes here to Oregon for Amelia's big debut!

Speaking of which, we have actually already been to the hospital once this last month. Every Tuesday night for the past six weeks has been birth class night for my mom and me, and we sure learned alot! We packed up about three weeks ago to head to class at Silverton Hospital (about 30 minutes from the house) and I start having strong contractions. I hadn't felt well before we left the house, but I'm big and pregnant and chalked it up to a cranky little fetus inside me. Once we had driven about 10 minutes my mom made me pull the car over so she could drive and we decided that instead of heading to birth class we were going straight to the birth center to check in!! My contractions were lasting about a minute every 3-5 minutes and were very strong. We made a pit stop on the way so I could get out of the car and walk some of the pain off, but I ended up being very, very sick and vomiting in the bushes (yuck!). Well, in addition to that, I thought my water broke while I was getting sick..... but I just peed my pants. And to all of you un-pregnant folks out there, you will pee your pants ALOT when you hit that third trimester and the baby is so big you have no control over your bladder. So laugh it up... but I can't wait to see your baby bump and give you that "knowing look" :) Anyway! So we check in at the hospital and the nurses are just wonderful and the rooms are amazing, but I have no time for all this.... I was only 34 weeks along and thinking "Caleb's not here! It's way too early! What is going on?!" After about 2 hours my contractions subsided and the doctor on call sent me home. It was a very exhausting evening.

Now I am 37 weeks pregnant, and Amelia is considered "full term" and could be born ANY MOMENT! I have had some Braxton Hicks contractions here and there, but nothing to be concerned about. Last Thursday I began my weekly OB visits but I am not dilated at all, so we still wait :) Amelia will come when we least expect it, I am sure!!

Caleb will be driving from North Carolina to Oregon at the end of the month. He plans on leaving Feb. 25 and will take 3 days to get here. He's bringing the truck and a car trailer so we don't have to drive the Hybrid back home... it's a good little vehicle in the city, but barely made it across the country once. Plus, we have alot of big baby items that need to make it back home (ie - crib, stroller, Nana's rocker, changing table, and a million tiny onesies). If Amelia comes early, Caleb will leave earlier, naturally. And my doctor said she would induce me up to a week early if we wanted, but I think we will probably wait for her. We are keeping our fingers crossed that Caleb will be here!! About a week after she is born, if there are no complications with the birth, we will be heading home. It's all happening so fast, and it will be so hard to leave my parents and the rest of the family so quickly after such a life-changing experience with Amelia, but the Marine Corps calls... and we must go. We will stop in Nebraska for a couple of days to see Caleb's family and show off our little one and then head the rest of the way to North Carolina... slow and steady, with lots of stops for diaper changes!

Stay tuned as I prepare my next couple of posts featuring the baby shower and a special post about some of our less conventional baby ideas and products we are using!

0 comments:

Post a Comment