03 August 2009

Two Unexpected Trips

After a semi-hiatus from blogging, I am ready to update... from North Carolina! A week before Caleb is slated to deploy, I finally got the go ahead to buy a last-minute plane ticket for a near week-long visit. I never realized how much I took humidity for granted, I love it!! Compared to such a dry heat in Oregon, and add in the several thunder storms we have had the last few days, I am in a hot, muggy Heaven!!

It has been wonderful to be here and visit with my hubby and let him feel my growing tummy, especially when I can find a hard spot... we like to think that's where the baby is resting for that moment! Caleb has been very patient with my strange cravings, which I actually call the "baby's cravings", as it's usually food and drinks I don't typically even care for! I have craved all juices in their nasty sweetness and even SPRITE.... bleh! But my new love is Pepsi!!! So delicious... where has that liquid treasure been the past 10 weeks?!

My second "unexpected trip" was to the OB about 2 weeks ago. We had a little scare one morning with some spotting and the doctor saw me later that day for a precautionary ultrasound. After waiting, waiting, waiting.... I was finally called back and met my doctor for the first time (I absolutely adore her). I then came face to face with Baby Crosier for the first time, as well! What a sweet sound our little baby's heartbeat made at 171bpm!! Talk about a strong, Crosier heartbeat! Enjoy our few little pictures of our sweet baby. We should be getting a second ultrasound August 19th, around 12 weeks. Until then!








1 comment:

  1. ooohhh.. Pepsi, that spells trouble. You probably take a lot of flack for that. But hey, Em and I will support you!

    ReplyDelete