i feel like i've been in search of a lifestyle that would work for me for.... well, my whole life. i say lifestyle, because the styles i try (but never work for me) inevitably reshape my life with each change. beginning with a clothing style and stemming into home decor, i've never found comfort until this past year as i began dabbling a bit in the "shabby chic" of it all.... and now i've decided to go full force and make the rest of the change. and by full force, i mean little by little as our budget allows.
caleb said that i could redecorate our apartment in the coming months, and i'm really excited because i've been saving favorites in etsy and target.com for awhile now - all my dreams are going to happen! just a little sneak peek of what i have in mind.....
{bedding from target, wall vinyl from Janey Mac etsy, book wreath tutorial at see kate sew}
in addition, and i know i've said this before, i want to take up sewing again. there are so many adorable clothing patterns out there for me that i would love to wear. i ask caleb on a ridiculously constant basis to make me things, and i know he is as overloaded as i am with life - it would be so fun to see something and then just go make it. "ho-hum, i made a skirt.... i'm fabulous..." except i would be wearing that skirt like.every.day.for.a.week because i made it!!!! here's a few skirts i've got saved to hopefully create.
{circle skirt (adult size) and summer skirt with deep pockets - tutorials by MADE}
i'm hoping there are other's out there that feel the same as me - that you haven't quite felt comfortable with your style for so long, if ever. did you ever finally find where you were supposed to be headed? are you happy where you are now? i'd love to know your stories!
{welcome new friends! leave a comment, i will happily follow back!}














Oh can I ever relate. I have shabby chic dining chairs with modern geometric cushions mixed with farm country dining chairs, a semi-french country kitchen, a modern living room complete with damask prints on things, and I can never decide to paint things black or white because I love both(and I am a SUCKER for grey!!). I am a mess, but somewhere in the chaos, it's become my style.
ReplyDeleteSoon, everything will be neutrals and everything will match everything else, but until that day arrives (next PCS orders) we're here in our constantly changing everything.
Ha! While your planning on that book wreath (pass one over to Purdon :)) JK!
ReplyDeleteBut seriously- I can relate. Most of my style is
"beggars can't be choosers." I take what I can get and try to make it feel home-y by adding my own touches. I don't have alot of room to work with for crafting or otherwise- so I'm making a stock pile of "One Days" lists, bahaha! Oh- I'm hopeing santa drops me a sewing machine so I can LEARN to sew. that'll be the day.
Cute site! Found you on the blog hop! LOVE that pocket skirt!
ReplyDelete