**CLOSED**
I have come to the realization that deployments are, and will be for a long time, a major part of my life. Caleb has been deployed to Iraq five times, and is slated to leave for Afghanistan in the spring or early summer of 2011. I don’t enjoy the deployments, I’m not sure what military wife does, but I am happy and supportive that my husband is so willing to serve his country on yet another tour of duty. Being a military wife is tough! Not many are cut out for it. Many women think they can handle it until they actually experience a deployment first hand. It’s lonely, it’s trying, it’s down right difficult! Many women simply can’t take the stress of their man being gone, and they reach out in directions that are not becoming of a military wife, or even call it quits on their marriage. These women are weak and have no business being affiliated with the military, much less the Marine Corps. Sure, that may sound harsh, but it’s completely and utterly the God-honest truth. I refuse to make light of a situation that deserves to be brought to a head – these women should hide under a rock for the hell they put their honorably deployed husbands through.Faith Deployed is a book written by Jocelyn Green, who compiled stories and encouragements from military wives of all branches from around the world. The book is broken down into eight specific sections of supportive stories, thoughts and prayers. I love being able to flip to a section that I know will help me overcome whatever controversy is in my heart at a given moment.
This book is very different from other encouragement books. It’s not at all similar to the popular “Chicken Soup for the Soul” books…. When you open this paperback, you will find yourself laughing on one page and in tears the next. The contributing writers of this book have been so transparent with readers, it’s like you are reading a note from a dear friend. The questions asked at the end of each short read cut right to the heart – they ask you to be completely honest with yourself! The final paragraph of the encouraging story gives you a small prayer to say, out loud or in your heart. It’s not cheesy, it’s not stale; it’s pure and true and honest, and it’s a perfect way to ask God to help you through this specific trouble. My copy is severely dog-eared, with a bent cover and wavy pages from dried tears. This is a must-have for any woman of faith married to a man in the military. You will find solace here, thanks to Jocelyn and the contributing authors who shared their stories and passions.
The book Faith Deployed can be purchased from online retailers worldwide and in select retail stores. One lucky reader from Marine Parents will win their own copy of Faith Deployed to cherish!
extra entries: (leave a new comment for each entry!)
@taprilcrosier http://tinyurl.com/24zhgqq {ends 11/24} #giveaways #read "
while i was sent this amazingly encouraging book for free to review, i was not paid to give a glowing review. my opinions are based on my experience and are 100% honest. to view my full disclosure policy, please click










Courtney just designed my blog, and I believe she did yours! Cute!
ReplyDeleteHI!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Faith Deployed...I am giving this book away too, so dont enter me in the contest. I just wanted to say HI! and its always nice to come across other milspouse bloggers.