03 October 2010

Fluff Fun.... CottonWood Baby Organic Wipes

When we decided to cloth diaper seven short months ago, it never even crossed my mind that wipes would play such a big role in diapering. Wipes just seem like one of those diapering necessities that fly under the radar, undetected. Families don’t budget for wipes, and you don’t think twice when you grab one, or seven, disposable wipes to clean your baby’s stinky, messy, gooey tush.

Well, after I had washed and picked out way too many disposable wipes from the dryer lint trap, I decided to convince Caleb to invest in cloth wipes. I figured it would be easy, because it was cheap. I found CottonWood Baby on the internet through a google search and ordered some great Organic Hemp/Cotton wipes. They are so soft and absorbent!! I went from using four to five disposable wipes to one, maybe two cloth wipes for Amelia’s daily duty.

I did some math…. Using a leading brand of disposable wipes for two years (but let’s face it, we all know you’ll use them longer….) would cost $400 plus. I bought 36 of these lovely unbleached wipes for $52.00 and they will last us…. Well, forever! This was definitely a deal breaker for Caleb, and we said goodbye to sposies wipes! Now, I just tri-fold these little wipes like disposable ones are done and add tap water and stick them in a wipes warmer! They are ready and perfect and precious (yes, my wipes are precious!).  Oh yeah.... don't judge me for storing the clean wipes in a VS bag.  It's just the perfect size.



CottonWood Baby is a family-owned and operated business. Anna takes care of everything, from actually sewing up the products by hand, to responding to emails, to maintaining her website. She is so great and easy to work with and always leaves me a hand written note when I order from her. She cloth diapered all of her children in the 80’s before it was cool to cloth diaper and has passed along the tradition to her children now, too. She told me that her philosophy is, “As you well know, cloth diapering is best for baby, the environment and easier on your pocketbook. ~ All great reasons that keep me sewing, and good reasons for all of us to continue to promote cloth diapering one little baby at a time....”

CottonWood Baby has been extremely generous to offer one lucky Marine Parents reader their own starter set of Organic Hemp/Cotton Wipes (set of 12)!!



mandatory entry: you must follow my blog publicly by Google Friend Connect (right sidebar) and visit the CottonWood Baby online store and tell me what else you like in her shop! leave me your email address so i can contact you if you win!

extra entries: (leave a new comment for each entry!)
• follow me on twitter +1 entry
• tweet this once daily and leave me the permalink +1 entry (PER day)

"#win a starter set of organic clothwipes from @taprilcrosier during FluffFun #clothdiaper #giveaways http://tinyurl.com/39mo2ba {ends 10/10}"
• become a fan of Marine Parents on Facebook and leave me a note +1 entry
• vote for my blog on Picket Fence +1 entry (PER day)
• blog about this giveaway including the link and the Fluff Fun button and tell me where to find it +2 entries
• sign up for swagbucks under my referral and start searching +3 entries
• sign up for my emails and confirm (left sidebar) +3 entries
• email 3 of your friends who you think would benefit from this giveaway, give them the link, and copy me in the email taprilcrosier @ gmail dot com +3 entries
• make a purchase from CottonWood Baby and send me a copy of the invoice +5 entries
• enter any of my other current, non-diaper giveaways and tell me which one +1 entry

this giveaway will run until 10/10/10 at 12pm EST! you can come back and enter every day with a couple of the entries so be sure to return for more chances to win! winner will be chosen by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. open to US and Canada residents.

i was not paid to give a glowing review. my opinions are based on my experience and are 100% honest. to view my full disclosure policy, please click here.

155 comments:

  1. I also like the diaper sprayer!
    tara_lundgren at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on twitter
    @MNTara
    tara_lundgren at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for you on picket fence
    tara_lundgren at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow your blog
    Love the hickory Dickory wood blocks
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. follow you on twitter
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. fan of you on FB
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. get your emails
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. get your emails
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. get your emails
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. entered hylands
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  11. blogged
    http://kyeouze.blogspot.com/2010/10/fluff-fun-giveaways.html
    kyeouze[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow you via GFC and I love the hickory dickory dock clock on cottonwood baby store!
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow you on twitter @oregongal
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE The jumbo lacing beads. B's therapest says he needs to be able to complete a set like that by the time he's 3. This is my favorite one I've found!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow your blog and I really like the Organic Hemp/Cotton Prefolds that they carry.
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow you on twitter (@trvlgrl121)
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. tweeted: http://twitter.com/trvlgrl121/statuses/26328743827
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm signed up for your emails #1
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm signed up for your emails #2
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm signed up for your emails #3
    SHull2319 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow your blog via GFC.
    I like her Doublers!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26354157024
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I voted for you on Picket Fence!
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I get your emails. 2
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I get your emails. 3
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Entered the Hyland's giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Entered the Wooden Teething Necklace giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Entered the AppleCheeks Envelope Cover giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Entered the AppleCheeks Little Bundle giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Entered the Maxwell Designs Wetbag giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow you via GFC and I REALLY want a diaper sprayer like the one on her site!
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  32. voted
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  33. follow you on twitter as mama407
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  34. e-mail subscriber
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  35. entered teething necklace giveaway
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  36. entered wet bag giveaway
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  37. entered hylands homeopathic giveaway
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Good Work!! I like these little wipes. I really hoped to not be using wipes...but you're right...we end up using them for EVERYTHING!! And they're priceless when camping.

    Thanks for swinging by my blog.

    I’m excited to follow all your adventures now, too.

    The SurvivalMama
    http://TheSurvivalMama.blogspot.com
    @TheSurvivalMama

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like the organic hemp/cotton doubler

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I follow you on twitter @lifesemicrunchy

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. tweeted http://twitter.com/#!/lifesemicrunchy/status/26391693298

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. fan of you on facebook

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. email subscriber

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. email subscriber 2

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. email subscriber 3

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. follow via gfc
    i really like the selection of prefolds and diaper inserts
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. http://twitter.com/#!/mcintoshkim/status/26408949021
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. like you on fb
    kim mcintosh
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. voted on picket fence
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. subscribe via email #1
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. subscribe via email #2
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. subscribe via email #3
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26447691405
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I voted for you again! :)
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Public follower.
    I also like the nursing pads.
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Follow you on twitter (LaydieAphrodite)
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Tweet
    https://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/26452729669
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Like you on facebook (Kirsten Thompson)
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Subscribe via email 1
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Subscribe via email 2
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Subscribe via email 3
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. daily vote on picket fence
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  63. I voted for you!
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'm a public gfc follower and also like her Diaper Sprayer. I just started needing to flush solids and am totally grossed out by it. I'd love a sprayer.
    duncan.lisa at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/My2CentsFL/status/26491576663
    duncan.lisa at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Like you on FB and left you a comment
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marine-Parents/112298022162094?v=wall&story_fbid=119218254803404&ref=mf
    duncan.lisa at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Voted for you on picket fence
    duncan.lisa at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I am a fan on FB.
    Angela Ross Heffner
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I blogged about this giveaway with links, and fluff button #1
    http://lifewithmylittles.blogspot.com/p/giveaways-and-linky-love.html
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I blogged about this giveaway with links, and fluff button #2
    http://lifewithmylittles.blogspot.com/p/giveaways-and-linky-love.html
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I receive your e-mails #1
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I receive your e-mails #2
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I receive your e-mails #3
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/mcintoshkim/status/26517516400
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. daily vote on picket fence
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/lindseygalvez/status/26539495375
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Entering the Sprout Change Diaper giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Entering the GroVia giveaway.
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I follow!
    I'd order the wooden lacing beads!


    Dana
    LilFamilyBlog @ gmail.com
    LilFamily13.blogspot.com
    (I have some fun giveaways going on too!)

    ReplyDelete
  80. I already follow on Twitter

    Dana
    LilFamilyBlog @ gmail.com
    LilFamily13.blogspot.com
    (I have some fun giveaways going on too!)

    ReplyDelete
  81. I follow on FB!

    Dana
    LilFamilyBlog @ gmail.com
    LilFamily13.blogspot.com
    (I have some fun giveaways going on too!)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Voted on Picket Fences

    Dana
    LilFamilyBlog @ gmail.com
    LilFamily13.blogspot.com
    (I have some fun giveaways going on too!)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Signed up for emails (danariley)
    1/3

    Dana
    LilFamilyBlog @ gmail.com
    LilFamily13.blogspot.com
    (I have some fun giveaways going on too!)

    ReplyDelete
  84. Signed up for emails (danariley)
    2/3

    Dana
    LilFamilyBlog @ gmail.com
    LilFamily13.blogspot.com
    (I have some fun giveaways going on too!)

    ReplyDelete
  85. Signed up for emails (danariley)
    3/3

    Dana
    LilFamilyBlog @ gmail.com
    LilFamily13.blogspot.com
    (I have some fun giveaways going on too!)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Blogged: http://lilfamily13.blogspot.com/2010/10/fluff-fun-week.html

    2/2

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  87. Tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/26578767047
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. I voted for ya! :)
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. daily vote on picket fence
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  90. public blog follower via GFC

    and, I also like the Organic Hemp/Cotton Prefolds

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  91. I'm a fan of Marine Parents on Facebook and left a note (Rachel P)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/rachelhooey/status/26600044703

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. signed up for your emails and confirmed (1)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. signed up for your emails and confirmed (2)

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I follow you through GFC --- I'd like to try the Plushie Doubler ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  96. I like you on FB and thanked you for this giveaway ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  97. I'm signed up for your emails #1 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I'm signed up for your emails #2 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I'm signed up for your emails #3 ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I'm entered in the Hylands giveaway ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  101. I'm entered in the Maxwell designs giveaway ngiraldi @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  102. I'm entered in the EcoMom giveaway ngiradli @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  103. daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/mcintoshkim/status/26611315355
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  104. daily vote on picket fence
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  105. I voted for you!
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  106. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/26641906015

    ReplyDelete
  107. I like the Hickory Dickory Dock Clock

    yuki@michelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I follow you on twitter

    @yuki_kokoro

    ReplyDelete
  109. I entered the Maxwell design giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  110. voted for your blog on Picket Fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  111. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/26686675960
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  112. I also entered the Maxwell Design giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  113. I also entered the CottonWood giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  114. I also entered the Hyland giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  115. I also entered the nursing/teething necklace giveaway

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  116. daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/rachelhooey/status/26693146316

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. daily vote on picket fence
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  118. daily tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/mcintoshkim/status/26709038856
    mcintosh dot kimberley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  119. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/26732445659
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  120. Voted today
    kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  121. I follow via GFC. I like the Hickory Dickory Dock Clock

    helenlamby at <hotmail)

    ReplyDelete
  122. tweeted http://twitter.com/helenlamby/status/26735734967

    helenlamby at <hotmail)

    ReplyDelete
  123. Daily Tweet
    http://twitter.com/#!/lindseygalvez/status/26741192869
    lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  124. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/26765085990
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  125. I e-mailed three friends about this giveaway and cc’d you! #1
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I e-mailed three friends about this giveaway and cc’d you! #3
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  127. I follow your blog publicly and I also like her towels!
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  128. I follow you on twitter
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  129. I am a fan of you on FB
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  130. I signed up for emails
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com
    entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  131. I signed up for emails
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com
    entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  132. I signed up for emails
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com
    entry #3

    ReplyDelete
  133. I also entered your hylands giveaway
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  134. voted for your blog on Picket Fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/rachelhooey/status/26834822926

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  136. voted for you on Picket Fence Blog

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  137. daily vote on picket fence
    ashley-conner at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  138. Tweet Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/26884014017
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. I voted for ya!
    angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. I voted
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  141. I follow your blog publicly on Google Friend Connect.
    I like their selection of doublers and stuffers! I'd get some organic hemp/cotton doublers.
    legoisking at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  142. I follow you on Twitter (@legoisking)
    legoisking at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  143. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/#!/legoisking/status/26937322300

    ReplyDelete
  144. I voted for you on Picket Fence
    legoisking at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  145. Blogged and posted your button 1/2
    http://legoisking.blogspot.com/2010/10/cotton-wood-baby-12-wipes-giveaway-1010.html

    ReplyDelete
  146. Blogged and posted your button 2/2
    http://legoisking.blogspot.com/2010/10/cotton-wood-baby-12-wipes-giveaway-1010.html

    ReplyDelete
  147. I subscribe to your emails 1/3
    legoisking at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  148. I subscribe to your emails 2/3
    legoisking at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  149. I subscribe to your emails 3/3
    legoisking at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. follower..I also like their Infant/Toddler Hooded Towel
    luvtosave at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  151. tweet http://twitter.com/#!/Luv_to_Save/status/26955080587
    luvtosave at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  152. http://twitter.com/#!/rhuss85/status/26964113779
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  153. I voted!
    rastrassbur at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  154. voted for your blog on Picket Fence

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  155. daily tweet:

    http://twitter.com/rachelhooey/status/26987665229

    dakotaring at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete