do you ever wish for more freedom with your blog? i'm not talking design here, folks.
sometimes i wish i could rant about my family.... when caleb and i have an arguement i'd love to just blog about it, get it off my chest. i've never been one to write in journals (or at least, make a habit of it) so this is my only outlet for feelings and emotions. but sometimes i feel like i have to hold back because this is a blog from us, our family, not just me....
i also feel like i'm trapped in what i can and can't say of sensitive information. when i want to plan a vacation, if we might move, why i don't follow so-and-so on twitter anymore. you never know who will read your blog (your boss, your neighbor, your ex-boyfriend) and so you "screen" your thoughts before posting what is really on your heart.
am i coming out of left field here? or can anyone else relate?








I completly understand, that is why I created the blog I'm on now just for me and my ranting and ramblings!
ReplyDeleteI do relate! Especially as a military wife! We go through things that other 'normal' wives never even think of! Deployments, TDY's, moving and so on! (I read your hubby is on his 6th deployment, that is how many my guy has done)! I say enough is enough! 2 Years and we retire! Heck yeah!
ReplyDeleteYou just have to remember that what you put on your blog is a reflection of you, and you are right, you never know who might be reading!
~
I know exactly how you feel! I am always screening my thoughts too....for more 'sensitive' information- but lately I've been thinking more and more about being more 'transparent' because I would never want people to think Daniel and I have a perfect relationship or that my life is one big happy day, because its not....On the other hand, some things are of more 'personal' information that maybe shouldn't be shared with the free world....I am a lot better at journaling though so I get a lot of that out in my journal. Idk. its a tough question....ever thought of making a private blog that is completely blocked from everyone and could be just for you? <3
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. I used to keep a journal, and I did all my ranting and raving there, but since I had kids that just fell to the wayside. There are online journaling sites- maybe check one out if you feel the need to vent online.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog visit and follow, by the way. I am returning the favor.
Valerie@Occasionally crafty
I can TOTALLY relate. THere's some stuff I would love to write about...but I'm too afraid of hurting feelings or getting judged. How does one get over that??
ReplyDeleteCrystal
http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com