18 July 2010

a tidal wave of sorts....

For months, I have been researching, buying and borrowing (which I definetly should have done before buying!) cloth diapers for overnight. At the beginning, I was just slapping a good ol' gdiaper on Amelia's behind and calling it a night. But she is a super soaker!!! It was like a tsunami in her diaper..... poor little thing.



So then I purchased a pocket diaper from a friend. It is pretty similar to the bumGenius (I think....). I doubled up the inserts, one microfiber and one gdiaper and let my little angel sleep. The next morning... same scenario. No luck! What is going on???


Next, a friend gave me an Econobum prefold diaper to try. I have heard AWESOME things about prefolds so I was super pumped to try this out! Well, low and behold, before I can try out this new overnight diaper, my hopes are dashed. Moose (our newest addition to the family, the dog) ate a hole in the cover! The hole, luckily, was at the top where the snaps are so it wouldn't be a huge deal, but the snaps were so strange and I just couldn't figure them out. So I put the Econobum prefold insert into a gdiaper cover and crossed my fingers.


Next morning, Amelia's room absolutely reeks of urine. It's so nasty, and I feel so bad for putting my sweet little girl through these diaper experiments! Between all of these diapers, we've been using Pamper's Swaddlers, but even these can't always contain what our little Pee Princess puts out!


So last night, we had dinner at Marah and Scott's house and put Amelia to bed in her new little friend's crib (thanks for sharing, Kolt!). I had expressed my diaper woes to Marah, a fellow cloth diapering mom. She has a great CD stash with lots of different brands and styles. So she let me try a Happy Heiny with double inserts and we tucked Amelia in for the night. Four hours later, her butt is still dry, and we head for home.


A full fourteen hours after velcroing that little yellow cloth diaper on, Amelia is DRY and HAPPY and mommy and daddy are sooooo happy to have found a night time solution to our cloth diapering lifestyle! Using the Pamper's at night had been very convenient for us up until we switched over to our cloth wipes. We desperately want a cloth diaper for overnights so that we can stop buying the Pamper's and save money!!


So that brings me to this. I WANT, I NEED, I MUST HAVE two, maybe three Happy Heinys.... fast! I typically wash gdiapers every two or three days, so I want to have enough of the HHs to last each night until laundry day. I am saving up my SwagBucks to buy them on Amazon, so that they are an even greater deal!! I would LOVE for you to sign up with SwagBucks under my referral to help our cloth diapering plan come into action sooner! It's a google-based search engine and is really very easy to use. I search EVERYTHING to get more "bucks" which are essentially and online dollar. You can trade them in at the Swagshop for different items, including Amazon and Paypal gift cards. I've been going strong for about a month now and have 1,537 Swagbucks! If you sign up under my referral, you get your own Swagbucks, and I get the benefit of getting a match of your first 1,000 bucks! That goes a long way in Amazon giftcards :)
With all that said, please keep a closer eye on my blog... big and new things are coming :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment