17 July 2009

The First Spotlight

Hello friends and family! I have decided to create a blog for Caleb and me to help keep everyone informed on what is happening in our life! As busy as we stay, I will try to maintain as best as possible, covering all the many milestones that are soon to be headed our way.

Currently, Caleb is in North Carolina preparing for his fifth deployment to Iraq. The date we have been given for his departure sits on August 10th, and we wait until closer to that day to see if they change the date! In the Marines, everything is liable to be changed at the last minute. I tell Caleb to just call me when he gets there!

While Caleb is away, I will be living with my family in Salem, Oregon. A town with way too many traffic laws, bicycle lanes and scrunchies for my taste - but it is good to be with family right now! I've gotten involved with Liberty Christian Church, where my Uncle pastors; starting with a rigorous week of Vacation Bible School with over 75 kids! Next week I will head out with some of the older youth as my sister leads a retreat on the coast. She has entrusted me as a chaperon, and I am happy to help.

Right before Caleb left to fly home to North Carolina, we were thrilled to find out that we are expecting a child. As many of you know, we had a devastating miscarriage at the end of March and had plan to try for another baby when Caleb returned from Iraq. We are so excited to have another opportunity this early to bring a bundle of joy into our lives. We are currently keeping our sweet surprise a secret until we can hear a heartbeat, but each day gets harder and harder to keep mum! If you have run across our blog then you know our wonderful news! My first appointment will be August 19th, a few days after Caleb's deployment. I should be about 12 weeks along and ready to hear the sweet beat of our baby's heart. We hope to keep this secret under wraps for another 4 weeks, but with a small baby bump already protruding and pants tightening, we just have to take each day as it comes and hope that no one catches on!

Keep our family in your prayers as we are separated for this short time, and pray for blessings from God for our parenting skills!

0 comments:

Post a Comment